Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Marker Injuries

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    I would advise to expect the worst given the lack of contact.
    Everyone is, just seeing if that is actually the truth or not is what people are wondering about. Everyone in our group watching on tv instantly thought ACL when he didn't get up right away.

Comment

Zim just tweeted that Gibbs is done for the year and that Heide is the starter.

Comment

As Mr. Tibbs said in the other Mo State thread, Gibbs done for the year.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Good luck to Heide, and to you guys for the rest of the season. Hopefully Gibbs makes a full recovery and is back to 100% next year.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
            As Mr. Tibbs said in the other Mo State thread, Gibbs done for the year.
            I missed the play. Walked out of the room. Came back and nelson was in. Any one with a clip of it? I didnt see it on any replays. What a tough break he was just getting into his grove and had such a sharp start to the game.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              I missed the play. Walked out of the room. Came back and nelson was in. Any one with a clip of it? I didnt see it on any replays. What a tough break he was just getting into his grove and had such a sharp start to the game.
              https://twitter.com/kdltsports/statu...536946182?s=21

I recommend Twitter.

Comment

Zimmer said he was out the rest of the regular season .. so not sure if he could come back during the playoffs or if they mean potentially Frisco.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  I dont have social media and live vicariously through others social media on here.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                    Zimmer said he was out the rest of the regular season .. so not sure if he could come back during the playoffs or if they mean potentially Frisco.
                    If Heide gets us to the semifinals or the championship, IMO Gibbs stays on the bench. We'll have seen more of Heide and he'll probably have a better grasp of the offense.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

There's no doubt that things got a little tougher. But as I pointed out earlier, good teams in the past have been able to advance in the playoffs with pretty much non-existent passing threats. NDSU 2015, YSU 2016, the WSU quarterfinal teams, Maine in 2018, etc. And in fairness, it's way too early to say we won't have a passing threat going forward. We saw Heidi for one quarter against the #1 team in the country. Against the rest of our schedule, he might be able to open it up a little.

What this team needs to do is double down on the O line. Run blocking becomes paramount, and our pass protection has to improve. Secondly, the self inflicted penalties have to stop. Putting ourselves behind the chains with a true fresh qb is a recipe for disaster. Next, we need a little more consistency out of our pass catching Tigh ends. A young QB needs those big targets running check down routes.

Finally, our D needs to keep doing what they've been doing.

If we can win this week, I think we match up well with ISUr. Win that one, and we have locked up a playoff spot. UNI has given is fits in the regular season for two years, but I've been unimpressed with them this year. If we can get by the Panthers, I think we can ground and pound USD in the dome.

Depending on our draw and Heide's ability to lead this offense, I still think we can make a run. What we've most likely lost with Gibbs is the ability to come from behind and/or win a shootout. Score early and play with the lead, and I like our chances going forward. Fall behind two scores in any game and we're in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                        There's no doubt that things got a little tougher. But as I pointed out earlier, good teams in the past have been able to advance in the playoffs with pretty much non-existent passing threats. NDSU 2015, YSU 2016, the WSU quarterfinal teams, Maine in 2018, etc. And in fairness, it's way too early to say we won't have a passing threat going forward. We saw Heidi for one quarter against the #1 team in the country. Against the rest of our schedule, he might be able to open it up a little.

What this team needs to do is double down on the O line. Run blocking becomes paramount, and our pass protection has to improve. Secondly, the self inflicted penalties have to stop. Putting ourselves behind the chains with a true fresh qb is a recipe for disaster. Next, we need a little more consistency out of our pass catching Tigh ends. A young QB needs those big targets running check down routes.

Finally, our D needs to keep doing what they've been doing.

If we can win this week, I think we match up well with ISUr. Win that one, and we have locked up a playoff spot. UNI has given is fits in the regular season for two years, but I've been unimpressed with them this year. If we can get by the Panthers, I think we can ground and pound USD in the dome.

Depending on our draw and Heide's ability to lead this offense, I still think we can make a run. What we've most likely lost with Gibbs is the ability to come from behind and/or win a shootout. Score early and play with the lead, and I like our chances going forward. Fall behind two scores in any game and we're in trouble.
                        Exactly! I'm not as scared of a shootout as a come from behind scenario. The offensive line has to keep improving and dominate, if we are tied or leading going into the 4th quarter, we will win. We saw it against a really good YSU front seven. We need to ground and pound with power football. Run 22 personnel all day and pound the d line till play action and wheel routes open up.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't get a seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                          Zim just tweeted that Gibbs is done for the year and that Heide is the starter.

Seems like bad luck of the draw. The Bison over the years have started Wentz, Stick and now Lance as RFr QB’s. None of them needed to play as true freshman. But for the Jacks, Taryn Christion comes in as a true freshman in 2015 and now Heide comes in as a true freshman this year. Seems like we’re a step or a year behind with our quarterbacks/experience.

Comment

The ground may get a little harder to pound if the defense stacks everybody on the line of scrimmage because they either A) don't have to worry about a running QB or B) don't respect the passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                              The ground may get a little harder to pound if the defense stacks everybody on the line of scrimmage because they either A) don't have to worry about a running QB or B) don't respect the passing game.
                              Nothing I've seen from Heide, or our talented stable of wide receivers, would lead me to believe that they'd be incapable of taking advantage of 8 or 9 man stacked boxes in the passing game. Frankly, they just need to be capable enough to keep defenses honest and i think they are very capable of that.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                                Nothing I've seen from Heide, or our talented stable of wide receivers, would lead me to believe that they'd be incapable of taking advantage of 8 or 9 man stacked boxes in the passing game. Frankly, they just need to be capable enough to keep defenses honest and i think they are very capable of that.
                                I tend to agree with this. You give Heide some reps at the #1 in practice and some game experience and he should be an effective game manager. If we dig a big hole for ourselves he will likely struggle to dig us out of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X