• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College GameDay Celebrity

Pat was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Favorite sign so far was the ND side of Mount Rushmore.
      The Samuel L. Jackson San Diego state sign got a laugh out of me too

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
        Pat was awesome.
        Who did ndsu have for guest picker. I dont recall.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Who did ndsu have for guest picker. I dont recall.
          Brock Jensen and Phil Hanson

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
            He held Vinatieri's balls
            History repeats its self, Ben Dinkel of Kearney Nebraska is the holder of Chase Vinateri balls.

Comment

Having GameDay on campus was fabulous. When I returned home from Brookings after the game, I watched much of the first hour and today I’ll watch the rest of the show. Being in the crowd was a lot of fun but I didn’t have a clear view of the big screens (signs and flags in the way) and due to the frequent cheering in the crowd, catching all of the narrative was tough.

SDSU and Brookings did it right. I’ve talked to some who watched it from home and they report GameDay in Brookings looked as big-time as the best GameDays.

You cant buy that publicity!

Comment

Does anyone know if they actually had to shuttle people to gameday from the swiftel center? The coolest thing ive ever been part of. Some really good signs. Bison fans were great, anyway the ones i talked to.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  Does anyone know if they actually had to shuttle people to gameday from the swiftel center? The coolest thing ive ever been part of. Some really good signs. Bison fans were great, anyway the ones i talked to.
                  They definitely had buses running. I saw several when I was walking from downtown early that morning.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    I heard at one point 400 cars were parked there. There was an estimated 1200+parking spaces between the Swiftel Center, Larson Ice Center and adjoining properties. That is why the city choose that location. Very hard to predict the attendance/ parking needs for an event like this.
                    Definitely College Game Day was very cool. I will need a bigger flag for the next one.
                    We...ARE...STATE!
                    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                      I heard at one point 400 cars were parked there. There was an estimated 1200+parking spaces between the Swiftel Center, Larson Ice Center and adjoining properties. That is why the city choose that location. Very hard to predict the attendance/ parking needs for an event like this.
                      Definitely College Game Day was very cool. I will need a bigger flag for the next one.
                      I used Swiftel/shuttles coming from Sioux Falls with my two boys. It was very well run and was pretty much straight from vehicle to bus to student union. Appreciative that the school provided the service, and free of charge to boot.

Comment

Listened to (some) of Pat's podcast on the way in to work this morning.

Gives a big shout out to the people of SD in general, and the Town of Brookings in particular.

Said he is definitely going to come back here. Wants to do a live show (possibly next summer), and Brookings is DEFINITELY one of the towns he wants to be in.

Called us "That's my kind of people.". It was pretty darn cool.

Comment

The SDSU stuff starts at about the 8:30 mark...

Comment

Is pat McAfee normally in college gameday. Seems he has been on a few times the since the jacks game.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Is pat McAfee normally in college gameday. Seems he has been on a few times the since the jacks game.

He's considered a contributor on the show doing little bits and pieces. Brookings made their mark on GameDay by introducing Pat to them. He's probably going to be a regular all of next year. You're welcome college football fans!
                              Rollin' in my 5.0
                              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                                He's considered a contributor on the show doing little bits and pieces. Brookings made their mark on GameDay by introducing Pat to them. He's probably going to be a regular all of next year. You're welcome college football fans!
                                Ok. Thanks that's what I thought. Probably got him a new gig because he is good on there the little I have seen. Show could use some new blood.

Comment

Working...
                                X