College GameDay Celebrity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College GameDay Celebrity

This doesn't have anything to do with the celebrity but Gameday pulled onto campus about an hour ago. At least a several of their semi's did.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      This doesn't have anything to do with the celebrity but Gameday pulled onto campus about an hour ago. At least a several of their semi's did.
      Wow, speaking of semi’s, reading this just gave me one...

Comment

Did I hear that Zenner got picked up again?
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
          Did I hear that Zenner got picked up again?
          yep. cardinals.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Late entry but a good one: The Cross Country teams are not competing this weekend. Coach Rod DeHaven meets all the criteria: SDSU Alum; SD native; Olympian; and a hilarious public speaker— great interview. Rod’s a football fan and probably has a little to say about the Bison if asked.
            GOD if only it could be Rod DeHaven, That dude is PURE MAGIC on the mic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
              Wow, speaking of semi’s, reading this just gave me one...

Comment

You have my vote Mr. TIbbs!!!!

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                I vote Jacks#1Fan.

Or Peggy Gordon-Miller

Comment

How about Macy or Madi fresh off the sweet sixteen run.
                  Is it Saturday yet? Roll Damn Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Most people are informal about this: I refer to my wife's blood nephews and nieces as my nephews and nieces. But "technically" (as in rules of inheritance) it doesn't work that way. Enough on that b.s.

Would the rules of inheritance kick in when some one leaves the living without a will or any kind of estate planning? When you draft an estate planning document such as a will or a living trust, the person who this may concern can name anyone. I think in this society one can name just about anyone they want and they don't have to be biological. I really don't like to argue with a lawyer such as JackJD, but I think you can refer to anyone you want as UNCLE OR AUNTIE or what ever. Years ago my brother, a small farmer. refereed to his banker as Uncle Horace(Fishback). No relation.

And I will pick Rod DeHaven as Game Day Celebrity.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-24-2019, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

And I will pick Ron DeHaven as Game Day Celebrity.
                      Is Ron, Rod’s brother?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Is Ron, Rod’s brother?
                        Can’t sleep either? Thanks for the correction.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 10-24-2019, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Didn't really know where to post this, but just some advice for the people that are going to GameDay broadcast. Obviously congrats to SDSU, this is a time to showcase the university and is a testament to the consistency of the program. Huge honor for the state and should be a great atmosphere.

GameDay will start at 8 am until 11 am. I attended the Iowa State and Texas GameDay earlier this year so these should be very applicable to Brookings (yes, I have been before and everytime it somehow snows).

The pit is the only part of the gameday that is difficult to get into, I know at each place people started lining up as soon as the university would let them (I believe 5:30 am for Iowa State). They do an early morning glimpse of people lining up and they start a Twitter show at 7:30 am to start getting people prepped for the real thing.

Remember the pit has extremely strict rules regarding sign language, there is no food or drink, bags, and make sure to think about the restroom. You have to leave the pit everytime you want to go. In addition, YOU CANNOT BRING FLAGS OR SIGNS WITH POLES IN HERE. Save those for outside of the pit.

In my opinion though, being outside of the pit is just a good, if not better than actually being in. I know the broadcast is on campus, so I am doubting they'll let you drink outside (we did at Iowa State and it was awesome). We got to GameDay extremely late in Texas (about 10 am) and early (about 7 am) for Iowa State. This is the place where people bring flags with poles and signs that you can stand up. My opinion is the best spot to go is the side stage that is outside of the pit. This is the place that Carson King from Iowa was at with his sign, it is pretty empty earlier and they do a segment out there and allows for a great chance to see the broadcast up close and personal. In addition, the celebrity arrives different ways, some go through the crowd if associated with the university. McConaghey came in a sweet car through the crowd and Eric Church was right in the bus.

Make sure the empty the tank, be ready for a crazy and long day, and enjoy it. Hope the weather is great!

(Fyi... so my post isn't totally off topic...
                          I'm guessing it will be Brock Lesnar, they usually announce it Friday so be ready!)

Comment

I have not seen this name yet, but what about Scott Van Pelt from ESPN? It would be cool to get him on campus and give him some more swag.

Comment

Thanks big12guy. That’s helpful info. I’m going to be there but do not plan on getting into the pit.

Comment

I predict Kristi Noem as the picker. Photogenic female and an alumnus of the university. How many other sites have had their governor on?
                                aka BisonCardinal

Comment

Working...
                                X