X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College GameDay Celebrity

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
    It is his wife's nephew.
    Shoot. My bad. I thought his wife's nephew became his nephew when they got married. Isn't that how it works?

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
      Absolutely horrible Governor, this is coming from a well connected West River Republican (myself)(I've turned more libertarian after her election). She turned any real West River Republicans against her with her Clintonesque attack ads on Jackley. She has been hammered on many issues involving the Game and Fish, I am proud to have contributed to that.

She is as stupid as Trump on most issues. Absolutely idiotic.

She is kinda hot though.

(Don't care if I get banned, publish the post)
      Bow your head for the ritual Slapping Of The Back Of The Head For Getting Political.

*thwack*

There. Better.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Politicians are not Celebrities

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
          Politicians are not Celebrities
          Tell them that.

Aside from getting people overly worried about politics, Steve Hildebrand I still think would be a good choice regardless of political affiliation, If you haven't seen what he is doing lately as an alumni check out KELO article about some new stuff he is working on. Would probably make a good little moment on tv. https://www.keloland.com/education-2...ng-in-poverty/
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            This is the only relevant part about your post, you should have started and ended here. He said she's hotter than the ND governer... not that he agrees with her policies. Don't make everything political. Especially on this board.

Back on topic... She's definitely hotter than ND's governor, however... the first lady of ND could give Kristi a run for her money. Just sayin.

https://radiocms-images.us1.eldarion...s/K_Burgum.JPG
            Live KY wrestling match between Noem and the ND First lady?

No? Is that too much?????

....(Runs away to avoid the wrath of Filbert...)

Comment

Maybe they'll select "SD's Own" Shawn Colvin.

Who? https://shawncolvin.com/

She won a Grammy for "Sunny Came Home" in 1997.

All the local media were quick to latch on to her as "SD's own".

She lived in SD for like 2 years when she was an elementary aged kid.

I remember being like... are we really that desperate for celebrities, that we count her as a South Dakotan?

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                Maybe they'll select "SD's Own" Shawn Colvin.

Who? https://shawncolvin.com/

She won a Grammy for "Sunny Came Home" in 1997.

All the local media were quick to latch on to her as "SD's own".

She lived in SD for like 2 years when she was an elementary aged kid.

I remember being like... are we really that desperate for celebrities, that we count her as a South Dakotan?
                Hell, lets roll with Jimmy Buffett, he lived in Brookings once.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                  I'm thinking it might be Pat McAfee, former Colts punter and is a big time Vinatieri admirer. He has been great on his podcasts, radio, football comentary, and Twitter in general. He recently asked after it was announced that SDSU was getting College Gameday if he had any South Dakota State followers on Twitter. So he might be a possibility. If its someone not connected directly with the state or SDSU, he would be one of the ones I would want.
                  Pat would be cool. I'm not on twitter, but I do watch/listen to his show on youtube. Great show.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Tom Brokaw. About as South Dakota as it gets if we overlook his college choice as a youngster.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                      Tom Brokaw. About as South Dakota as it gets if we overlook his college choice as a youngster.
                      No - USD faithful will never let us live that one down.

Comment

Absolutely not. If they pick a USD alum for this, that would be a huge fail.

But I might have a sign related to old Tom: "USD's greatest alumni flunked out at Iowa first..."

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Pat would be cool. I'm not on twitter, but I do watch/listen to his show on youtube. Great show.
                          I will never forget his retirement video where Vinnie asked him "who's going to hold my balls now".

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                            Absolutely not. If they pick a USD alum for this, that would be a huge fail.

But I might have a sign related to old Tom: "USD's greatest alumni flunked out at Iowa first..."
                            I thought that might trigger sompin....

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I like the Dana Dykhouse suggestion. He's articulate and witty, and obviously has strong ties to SDSU and the Jackrabbits.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

We can overlook a lot of things from your youth, but that isn't one of them🤣🤣🤣

Besides, Brokaw is old and boring these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X