Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: College GameDay Celebrity

Default Re: College GameDay Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by ringthebells View Post
    How about Becky Hammond?
    Spurs have a game in San Antonio that night. I'd assume she needs to be present at a shoot around or film session or something that morning/afternoon.

Late entry but a good one: The Cross Country teams are not competing this weekend. Coach Rod DeHaven meets all the criteria: SDSU Alum; SD native; Olympian; and a hilarious public speaker— great interview. Rod’s a football fan and probably has a little to say about the Bison if asked.

Quote Originally Posted by mnjackrbt View Post
    My hopes: 1. Greenway. 2. Zenner 3. Timmerman.
    The Lions just put Kerryon Johnson on the IR though, so I wouldn't be completely shocked if he re-signs with Detroit, thus making him unavailable.
    Zenner got signed by the Saints.

1st edit: I thought Zenner was with Saints, but never mind. Didn't see he was released.

2nd edit: Zenner with Cardinals.
    Last edited by SlapJack; 10-23-2019 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Not staying up to date on SDSU Alum

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Let me see if I understand what you're writing: (My) your wife's brother's son is still (my) your nephew. Not sure why he wouldn't be Dwyane's.

So, you're now accusing Dwyane Wade....oh, never mind.

Here's how it works. I think most of us consider their spouse's relatives to be our relatives too. Like you, I may refer to my wife's brother's kid as my niece or nephew. But, technically, that's not accurate. My nieces and nephews are my siblings' kids. How about this one: my wife refers to my brother's wife as her sister-in-law. Common enough but not technically correct. My brother's wife is my sister-in-law to my wife, my brother's wife is just that: my brother's wife. It would be accurate for my wife to state my brother's wife is "my husband's sister-in-law" but that seems awfully cumbersome, doesn't it.

My brother (also a lawyer) once, jokingly, he thought, corrected my wife when my wife referred to his wife as her sister-in-law. He said "she's not your sister-in-law". I'm not sure my wife has ever forgotten that!

Who's on first?
    Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    So your saying my niece on my wife's side of the family isn't my niece even though we are related by marriage? You really must be a lawyer because that doesn't make sense. It sounds like the Chewbacca defense.

So lawyers of the world they are the offspring of their spouses siblings. To normal people they are their nieces and nephews. Got it.
    This is another first I think: discussing the proper terminology for referring to one's spouses' nieces/nephews. I daresay there are few other sports boards that have gone there.

ROFL.

Onward!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Rod DeHaven is a good choice, or Zenner.

This doesn't have anything to do with the celebrity but Gameday pulled onto campus about an hour ago. At least a several of their semi's did.

Quote Originally Posted by 91jack View Post
    This doesn't have anything to do with the celebrity but Gameday pulled onto campus about an hour ago. At least a several of their semi's did.
    Wow, speaking of semi’s, reading this just gave me one...

Did I hear that Zenner got picked up again?
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Quote Originally Posted by ringthebells View Post
    Did I hear that Zenner got picked up again?
    yep. cardinals.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Late entry but a good one: The Cross Country teams are not competing this weekend. Coach Rod DeHaven meets all the criteria: SDSU Alum; SD native; Olympian; and a hilarious public speaker— great interview. Rod’s a football fan and probably has a little to say about the Bison if asked.
    GOD if only it could be Rod DeHaven, That dude is PURE MAGIC on the mic.