Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I would say the only risk is if there is a complete blowout by NDSU and almost nobody thinks that will happen. If it's a close loss, the coaches can go to the kids and say something to the recruit like, "You see how close we are to being on top? YOU can be the one to take us there. How much better is it to not only BE the best, but be part of the group that BECOMES the best?" Of the four basic scenarios(big NDSU win, small NDSU win, small SDSU win, big SDSU win), only one of them is bad for SDSU recruiting, and it's far from the most likely one. JMHO.
    You can list best case scenarios till the cows come home. I had money on your JMU game and am still pretty salty about that and all the crap I took for telling JMU puds how you guys were going to beat their asses.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      You can list best case scenarios till the cows come home. I had money on your JMU game and am still pretty salty about that and all the crap I took for telling JMU puds how you guys were going to beat their asses.
      This is funny! Who wants to tell him? Lol
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
        Really? 1.8 million people watched game day when it was in Fargo. You think SDSU gets that kind of viewership on a normal game? Come on man.
        The exposure will come from Game Day. As far somebody tuning into ESPN+ to watch the actual game, it's pretty much going to be the same viewers that would have viewed the game regardless of if Game Day was there or not. I'm sure you'll pick up a few thousand extra viewers that watched game day in the morning, then they are scrolling through their WatchESPN App that afternoon and see the game and click on it thinking, "no FBS game on I care about it, saw this matchup on Game Day, let's watch it for a bit."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          https://www.sdstate.edu/espn-gameday-coming-brookings

According to the updated information page, North Campus Drive will be closed Saturday.

They changed its status late this afternoon. It was going to close at 9 AM.
          So via this link here, basically if you are there for GameDay and not the actual game, they want you to park at Swiftel Center and bus to Game Day. If you want to park on campus you need a game ticket. Not sure what I will do, I always park in the pay lot to the west of the backyard then walk over to our tailgate spot where I get then get my tickets from someone else. I'm going to plan on doing the same thing again and either just say my tickets are with a friend in the backyard or at will call or something, and hope they let me in.

Really not a fan of a lot of the game day rules for this weekend. I think a lot of college football is about the atmosphere, and when the game is already sold out, why not let somebody sit in the backyard and tailgate during the game. It is all adding to the atmosphere. Watch the game on TV, keep the flags flying and the grills going. Quite frankly, I would sell my ticket to an SDSU fan only for this weekend if I had the option of tailgating during the game on a final nice fall weekend.

Comment

Here are the four things I want to see in the game. I
            1- I would like to see Gibbs complete a couple passes to the backs without them being knocked down. I think that could help slow down the rush.

2- I hope they continue to take a couple deep shots so the box doesn't get loaded up to stop the Jacks running game. Hopefully complete a couple early as well.

3- I worry about Lance's scrambling for first downs. The Jacks need to maintain their rush discipline and limit his opportunities to extend drives on third down.

4- As always in these games the most important thing is to win at the line of scrimmage.

Just find a way to win Jackrabbits!
            Is it Saturday yet? Roll Damn Rabbits!

Comment

Update: Called the ticket office this morning and they said they weren't aware of North Campus Drive being closed all day Saturday... But the sdstate.edu website still says all day closure. So either that's an error, or someone hasn't told the ticket office the new policy for the game.

Comment

Campanile Webcam of the stage being built... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSYk...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Update: Called the ticket office this morning and they said they weren't aware of North Campus Drive being closed all day Saturday... But the sdstate.edu website still says all day closure. So either that's an error, or someone hasn't told the ticket office the new policy for the game.
                  GoJacks page has North Campus closing at 9am. But the map link has it closed Saturday. Somebody better get this straightened out and everyone on the same page.

North Campus Drive
                  · North Campus Drive will be CLOSED five hours (9 a.m.) before kickoff, per normal football game-day procedures.
                  https://gojacks.com/news/2019/10/22/...-location.aspx

Comment

https://www.sdstate.edu/espn-gameday-coming-brookings

According to the updated information page, North Campus Drive will be closed Saturday.

They changed its status late this afternoon. It was going to close at 9 AM.
                    Good catch. That line on North Medary is going to be something else. Not sure what they're going to do once it reaches the highway.

After reading on, maybe not. Lol

I don't understand why they would close it tbh. The more avenues to get into that area the better. The usually have someone sitting at the closed gate from North Campus Drive into the tailgate area anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      GoJacks page has North Campus closing at 9am. But the map link has it closed Saturday. Somebody better get this straightened out and everyone on the same page.

North Campus Drive
                      · North Campus Drive will be CLOSED five hours (9 a.m.) before kickoff, per normal football game-day procedures.
                      https://gojacks.com/news/2019/10/22/...-location.aspx
                      That article has a date of 10/22.
                      Late in the afternoon on 10/23, the main university page updated to say closed all day. The GoJacks website isn't updated I don't think, but I still have no idea which one it is.

Comment

Anybody knowing there is an organized effort to greet the Game Day Bus when it arrives in town? If there isn't, there needs to be!
                        Bumping this since they'll be here some time today. Anyone heard anything?

Comment

Well, the major roads to use will be I-29, Western, and 22nd Ave(between 6th St and Hiway 14 bypass) to navigate around the big activity. That may end up quicker and safer. How much traffic is on N Campus Dr before 9 is probably low and not efficient when there is heavy traffic. A brisk walk will be good that morning when it is 40 degrees and the south wind clipping along at 15 mph....or take the free bus from Swiftel.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Just an idea. Anyone planning on going to Gameday and driving. Maybe a good idea to park in the visitors tailgate area. Hopefully, it doesn't inconvenience them too much!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackwagon View Post
                              Just an idea. Anyone planning on going to Gameday and driving. Maybe a good idea to park in the visitors tailgate area. Hopefully, it doesn't inconvenience them too much!
                              I second this.

Comment

Can't wait for Saturday!

Comment

Working...
                                X