Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    Do you need Bluto to come give you a pep talk?

The Jacks can do this, if NDSU was starting a R-Sr at QB I would be all kinds of nervous. They have a inexperienced QB staring the biggest game of his career in OUR HOUSE.
    As good as we have been in some big games beating NDSU, I always worry at home it will be like the hobo issues where we should win but struggle against a team because its hobo day. My guess it will be a 21-17 type game. I would be impressed if either offense can score more then that on either defense. And for the fact neither team is really a big quick strike offense. Not that they cant be, but they are more putting drives and wearing teams down type. I think we need to bring pressure on the QB, make him un comfortable, from different areas, put your corners on an island, bring a safety or linebacker from different looks all the time, keep the D line shuffling fresh legs in. I think that would be our best bet. If we let them try to establish a run game and make 7-8 minutes drives. by the end of the game our D will be worn out. Take chances to get them off the field on 3rd down.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      ...One thing I will say, even though NDSU has looked great this year and appears to not be missing a beat from last year, they are still very young. Their game with Davis was close, but they haven't faced any real adversity yet....
      Lol: Missouri State gave them some trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I don't see how we win this without an absolute A performance out of Gibbs and he hasn't shown anything close to that this year. I'd take the Bison by a score if I had to wager on it. For the record, I've predicted us losing to them each of the last times we won, so take it with a grain of salt.
        Not same Bison team. Less experience.

Comment

Updates: https://gojacks.com/news/2019/10/22/...-location.aspx

“Paid and priority parking lots surrounding Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium will open at 6 a.m. Saturday, but normal tailgating policies in regards to consumption of beer and wine beginning at 9 a.m. will still apply.”

So I assume tailgate lot opens up at 6am but you just can’t consume alcohol until 9am?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

“Paid and priority parking lots surrounding Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium will open at 6 a.m. Saturday, but normal tailgating policies in regards to consumption of beer and wine beginning at 9 a.m. will still apply.”

So I assume tailgate lot opens up at 6am but you just can’t consume alcohol until 9am?
            That's the way I would take it. Really, is it a good idea to crack open a PBR at quarter after 6 if a guy plans on making to the game? But, if people want to try, I hope the gestapo lays off for once.

Comment

I know for a fact that Busch light cans fit in med or larger from any number of fast food cups.

#TheMoreYouKnow

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                That's the way I would take it. Really, is it a good idea to crack open a PBR at quarter after 6 if a guy plans on making to the game? But, if people want to try, I hope the gestapo lays off for once.
                Can't drink all day if you don't start at 6am on GameDay.

Comment

Thumper and I did a breakdown of NDSU last night. Similar to the blog but more in depth probably and a little more matchup focused. https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrt...Preview-e7vgph
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

That is how I read it. NDSU folks are circulating a map showing our tailgate is directly north of the Gameday where we were two years ago. Anyone seen that map? I'm very worried folks are going to try to park there for Gameday.

Comment

First off, after reading Xisonville....I appreciate the fact we aren't arrogant "professional football coaches" The recipe is simple: Don't get too fancy, run the ball, run the ball, run the ball, re-introduce the TE to our offense and don't rely on chunk plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackwagon View Post
                        First off, after reading Xisonville....I appreciate the fact we aren't arrogant "professional football coaches" The recipe is simple: Don't get too fancy, run the ball, run the ball, run the ball, re-introduce the TE to our offense and don't rely on chunk plays.
                        With all due respect, that's ****ing dumb. Constantly trying to move the chains over and over by just running the ball doesn't work against really good teams. We have athletes. Get them in space and get chunk yardage. It's not a coincidence that we didn't beat them at all with our Zenner style offense, but when we had TC, Dallas, and Jake we won 2 in a row.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

With all due respect, that's ****ing dumb. Constantly trying to move the chains over and over by just running the ball doesn't work against really good teams. We have athletes. Get them in space and get chunk yardage. It's not a coincidence that we didn't beat them at all with our Zenner style offense, but when we had TC, Dallas, and Jake we won 2 in a row.
                          As and NDSU fan, I agree with this. Also, you will need Gibbs to run effectively on designs and scrambles to win. Athletic QB's gives NDSU fits.

To me, the game comes down to if you can shut down NDSU offense. Your front 7 is legit. But will NDSU try to "Carson" you like in 2015? Tough to put that on a Freshman, so I doubt it.

Comment

Getting chunk yards and relying on chunk yards are 2 different things. The recipe in 2017 was 144 yards on the ground with the longest run of the day being 19 yards. That game also included a VERY well balanced run/pass (33/36). I think Gibbs is a Joe Cool, so he is capable, however we have a stable of studs in the backfield that can take a ton of pressure off him.

Comment

The recipe for winning Saturday? Not turning the ball over. If we play a clean game in that area we stand a great chance of winning.

Comment

Any idea if our secondary will be at full strength this week?

Gales and Evans were both out last week right?

Comment

Working...
                                X