2019 Dakota Marker Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Dakota Marker Game

Anyone with inside word on when they will announce the site, tailgating accommodations, etc? Haven't heard boo yet in Sioux Falls.

Comment

If anyone wants to talk about the actual game, I'm ready!

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ota-state.html
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
        Anyone with inside word on when they will announce the site, tailgating accommodations, etc? Haven't heard boo yet in Sioux Falls.
        According to this tweet we should know GameDay location soon/this morning:

https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/stat...86807753072641

I also haven't heard any if there will be any changes to tailgate rules - I sure hope there is though.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          If anyone wants to talk about the actual game, I'm ready!

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ota-state.html
          Been waiting for this.

Key to the game, as always with the Bison, is the line play (on both sides). Back when they (the Bison) were dominating the Jackrabbits, they owned the lines (hence the 'Zenner' jokes).

The games that have been close or that the Jackrabbits have been won, have been won up front.

Both teams have excellent defenses, and good run games on offense. The Bison are more 'power' football, the Jackrabbits are more spread and speed.

The Redshirt freshmen quarterbacks will both be tested by excellent defenses. Lance has better numbers than Gibbs to this point. But Gibbs has missed some time as well.

I'm certainly hoping for, but not necessarily counting on a victory. It could go either way. I could see NDSU pull away, if our offense struggles. (seriously, the beat down they put on Illinois State is impressive)

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            Been waiting for this.

Key to the game, as always with the Bison, is the line play (on both sides). Back when they (the Bison) were dominating the Jackrabbits, they owned the lines (hence the 'Zenner' jokes).

The games that have been close or that the Jackrabbits have been won, have been won up front.

Both teams have excellent defenses, and good run games on offense. The Bison are more 'power' football, the Jackrabbits are more spread and speed.

The Redshirt freshmen quarterbacks will both be tested by excellent defenses. Lance has better numbers than Gibbs to this point. But Gibbs has missed some time as well.

I'm certainly hoping for, but not necessarily counting on a victory. It could go either way. I could see NDSU pull away, if our offense struggles. (seriously, the beat down they put on Illinois State is impressive)
            One key for me is shutting down or at least interrupting the Bison's short- to medium-throw passing game. Getting them off the field on third down. They eat people alive with short to medium passes on third down plays.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Our young and inexperienced d-backs may be the tipping point for this game. They certainly have performed better than I expected them to so far this season but how many times does NDSU score against people on play action and they've got dudes wide-wide open? Especially around the goal line/red-zone. I'd like to see us eliminate those type of plays when we play NDSU.

Comment

Hopefully Evans and Gales returns to help the secondary. Also, I’m curious to see how our defensive line holds up. They have been so good this year at getting to the opposing quarterback and hopefully they can give Lance some heat.

Also, what kind of game is Eck going to call? Will it be like the Minnesota game? I’m sure the Bison are watching a ton of film trying to prepare.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  Our young and inexperienced d-backs may be the tipping point for this game. They certainly have performed better than I expected them to so far this season but how many times does NDSU score against people on play action and they've got dudes wide-wide open? Especially around the goal line/red-zone. I'd like to see us eliminate those type of plays when we play NDSU.
                  What is the injury report? anyone still out or expecting anyone back yet?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    Agreed. And the way they run the ball is what leads to that.

Another thought/idea I think of when I think of the Bison, the Jackrabbits really don't play anyone else that plays this style (other than N. Iowa sometimes?).
                    A lot of 2 TE's and a FB with 1 WR.
                    Most teams in this day and age use a lot of shotgun and spread looks. Not to say NDSU doesn't, because they do go shotgun, and run out of it successfully.
                    But the Jacks will see more "heavy looks" 2 TE/1 TE 1 FB/ with just 2 wideouts, than they normally see.

I have complete and total respect for the players and the coaches in that program. They are amazing. If it wasn't for them, the Jackrabbits would have a title or two.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                      Agreed. And the way they run the ball is what leads to that.

Another thought/idea I think of when I think of the Bison, the Jackrabbits really don't play anyone else that plays this style (other than N. Iowa sometimes?).
                      A lot of 2 TE's and a FB with 1 WR.
                      Most teams in this day and age use a lot of shotgun and spread looks. Not to say NDSU doesn't, because they do go shotgun, and run out of it successfully.
                      But the Jacks will see more "heavy looks" 2 TE/1 TE 1 FB/ with just 2 wideouts, than they normally see.

I have complete and total respect for the players and the coaches in that program. They are amazing. If it wasn't for them, the Jackrabbits would have a title or two.
                      We are like the Andy Roddick of the FCS.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/status/1186712044478681089

Comment

I don't see how we win this without an absolute A performance out of Gibbs and he hasn't shown anything close to that this year. I'd take the Bison by a score if I had to wager on it. For the record, I've predicted us losing to them each of the last times we won, so take it with a grain of salt.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I think our D will be the best they've faced this season, but I am nervous about getting off the field and our young secondary biting on play action. We also should probably out a spy on Lance.

I think Gibbs has the potential to lead us to a win, but it starts with the run game before it starts with him. He has composure and is unphased (or has been so far) but big moments, so that does bode well for us. But if we don't move the ball on the ground for this game, we aren't going to be able to beat them through the air. They'll pin their ears back and eat Gibbs alive. But if we can stay balanced and sustain drives, our d can stay fresh and maybe put the pressure on the Bison O.

One thing I will say, even though NDSU has looked great this year and appears to not be missing a beat from last year, they are still very young. Their game with Davis was close, but they haven't faced any real adversity yet. I'm interested to see how they respond to all the game day hoopla, since none of these kids were on the roster in 13 and 14 when it was in Fargo. And if they get punched in the mouth early, maybe some of that youth will show up.

I'm optimistic, but I wouldn't count on a victory. I can just see a path that could lead to one.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              I don't see how we win this without an absolute A performance out of Gibbs and he hasn't shown anything close to that this year. I'd take the Bison by a score if I had to wager on it. For the record, I've predicted us losing to them each of the last times we won, so take it with a grain of salt.
                              He hasn't been perfect, but he's been pretty darn good.

The last three games he is 42/69 (61%) for 580 yards with 7 TD and just 1 INT.

He's missed some reads and some throws, but for the most part he's been pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Do you need Bluto to come give you a pep talk?

The Jacks can do this, if NDSU was starting a R-Sr at QB I would be all kinds of nervous. They have a inexperienced QB staring the biggest game of his career in OUR HOUSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X