Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA. You have limited experience with us... My tweet asking them to please open tailgating before 9am has close to 200 likes because SDSU has a history of not doing common sense things in regards to game day atmosphere.
    I'd sure like to think they will call Fargo and ask for some advice. Fargo is absolutely nutty about tailgate rules, and even they relented.

Comment

Another location possibility: The green north of the Union, near the Weary Wil statue. Large green space, lots of sidewalk, grass isn't as sensitive to trampling as the sylvan area (because that area is lower), good scene with the stadium and union/hobo stuff.

Also, I'm hoping that if they do some features on the rivalry, they also do one or two just on SDSU, and specifically Hobo Day. It's probably our most unique feature, outside of our mascot itself, and there's so much unique history there that could be featured.

Comment

Haven't posted much since joining a couple years ago, but I monitor this site, buffaloville, AGS, and several other boards daily. With this announcement I thought it might be a good opportunity to jump back into the discussion! I recently graduated with my Master's from SDSU and relocated to Champaign, IL (how ironic) and am making the trip up to Brookings this weekend. That being said, does anyone know if College Gameday posts full episodes at any point after they air? I've looked online a little bit but I haven't been able to find and full length/recent episodes...I'll be attending it live but would love to re-watch the show! If not and someone has the ability to record the show and send it, that would be great also! Very excited for this work week to be over!

Comment

Originally posted by sdsuceegrad View Post
          Haven't posted much since joining a couple years ago, but I monitor this site, buffaloville, AGS, and several other boards daily. With this announcement I thought it might be a good opportunity to jump back into the discussion! I recently graduated with my Master's from SDSU and relocated to Champaign, IL (how ironic) and am making the trip up to Brookings this weekend. That being said, does anyone know if College Gameday posts full episodes at any point after they air? I've looked online a little bit but I haven't been able to find and full length/recent episodes...I'll be attending it live but would love to re-watch the show! If not and someone has the ability to record the show and send it, that would be great also! Very excited for this work week to be over!
          Thank the locals for us for beating the badgers
          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
            I'm certain they will have a story of us moving up together and all the obstacles that we both had to overcome. Will be really cool to see our facilities upgrades highlighted. We do owe a lot of this to the bison, no way they would be coming to Brookings if we weren't playing them. I think this is the biggest day in Jackrabbit football history, hopefully we put on a great show for gameday and then win the game
            Hopefully this doesn't make the potential stories cut.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FlNu0dWXes
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
              Hopefully this doesn't make the potential stories cut.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FlNu0dWXes
              I really don't think the riot would have any correlation at all to NDSU and the marker game.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsuceegrad View Post
                Here is the link to the previous week's College GameDay on WatchESPN, so I'm guessing they'll have next week's posted as well. You do need to confirm you cable/satellite provider in order to watch. If you have one, I'd suggest setting up you're DVR to record it.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                  Another location possibility: The green north of the Union, near the Weary Wil statue. Large green space, lots of sidewalk, grass isn't as sensitive to trampling as the sylvan area (because that area is lower), good scene with the stadium and union/hobo stuff.
                  I think that part of campus is kind of ugly, so that's a no for me. Imo the only spot they should do it is around the campanile/sylvan theatre area. We can replant new grass.

Comment

Just thought about this... What is the plan if too many students show up when the stadium is sold out?

Comment

• Re: 2019 Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      I really don't think the riot would have any correlation at all to NDSU and the marker game.
                      So you think there won't be a story on Hobo Day? Its about the most unique thing about SDSU.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        Just thought about this... What is the plan if too many students show up when the stadium is sold out?
                        "Information regarding SDSU student admission will be announced in the next 24 hours."
                        https://gojacks.com/news/2019/10/21/...-sold-out.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                          So you think there won't be a story on Hobo Day? Its about the most unique thing about SDSU.
                          Never said anything about Hobo Day. Just the riot. Just because a riot happened on one Hobo Day doesn't mean I think they'll exclude all stories about Hobo Day.

This rivalry really ramped up when we both went DI. There are plenty of story lines in the last 15 years or so for ESPN to focus on.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            "Information regarding SDSU student admission will be announced in the next 24 hours."
                            https://gojacks.com/news/2019/10/21/...-sold-out.aspx
                            My guess is they will have free tickets that students will need to get in so first come first serve. If you dont have it trying to get in they wont get in.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                              I say they bring in Chad Greenway, he's still a proud South Dakotan and would've been a Jackrabbit.
                              He is a HUGE Stig fan. He was going to come to SDSU when Iowa came knocking. He would be a supporter of SDSU on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                                6:30 should be the latest possible start time for tailgate... Honestly, they should open it up at 5:00am. Or even the night before to RV's. I'm sure then they run into some sort of legal problem with facilities or porta potties or something. Or some liability thing. Or understaffed UPD. Who knows.

Hopefully GameDay is set up somewhere near the stadium and not downtown. It would be cool if fans could go from the tailgate to Gameday and back to tailgate all in one area. Rather than have the show downtown, some fans skip it because they'd rather tailgate. Then some fans skip tailgate cause they'd rather be downtown all morning. Then you have an issue of people driving between the two. Put everything in one spot, it's a tremendous opportunity to highlight your school. We can't mess this up for all the other FCS schools across the country that hope to get gameday in the future.
                                I am hoping for a campus set up as well for these reason. I want to be able to set up my tailgate spot (early hopefully) and then walk back and forth to wherever the GameDay production is. I'm wondering how much say SDSU really has in all of this, probably not much.

Comment

Working...
                                X