Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Has anybody heard is there any Effort to bring in those portable stands and park them at the N endzone? I mean they are going to need space for the recruits ETC!
    Slippery slope. Losing on the national stage with a pile of recruits in attendance is not a good look.
    Risky.

Comment

Will there be an F16 flyover?

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
        Slippery slope. Losing on the national stage with a pile of recruits in attendance is not a good look.
        Risky.
        While losing may not be the best scenario the fact we are on the national stage trumps over all. They won't experience on any other FCS campus this year what they will in Brookings Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
          Will there be an F16 flyover?
          Ellsworth B-1B?

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
            While losing may not be the best scenario the fact we are on the national stage trumps over all. They won't experience on any other FCS campus this year what they will in Brookings Saturday.
            Disagree a little, NDSU and SDSU compete for recruits. NDSU winning at your place in a high profile game may cause some recruits to lean towards NDSU. Its a gamble, but probably a decent one. If SDSU wins it hits a jackpot.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              Has anybody heard is there any Effort to bring in those portable stands and park them at the N endzone? I mean they are going to need space for the recruits ETC!
              The recruits are normally seated in Section 103. I will watch for those again this week.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I hope UPD and BPD police the visiting tailgate area like they do ours on a normal day. No lingering after the game starts no tailgating at half, after the game it had better be the same.

Comment

Disagree a little, NDSU and SDSU compete for recruits. NDSU winning at your place in a high profile game may cause some recruits to lean towards NDSU. Its a gamble, but probably a decent one. If SDSU wins it hits a jackpot.
                  SDSU losing to NDSU impacts recruits regardless of whether they are at the game or not. You don't pass on the perfect opportunity to showcase your program for fear of a potential loss on the scoreboard.

Also, I highly doubt that a recruit is going to make the decision of where to spend 4-5 years of their life playing football based on the score of one game.

Comment

Risky.
                    Losing Is Not An Option.

Roll, Rabbits, Roll!
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Risky.
                      I mean those recruits are coming regardless stig said as much

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

The game isn’t really on a national stage. GameDay ends at a 11am, the game starts at 2pm. The game airs on ESPN+, the only people watching would be the same people watching either way. SDSU gets a nice national spotlight for 3 hours on ESPN.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          SDSU losing to NDSU impacts recruits regardless of whether they are at the game or not. You don't pass on the perfect opportunity to showcase your program for fear of a potential loss on the scoreboard.

Also, I highly doubt that a recruit is going to make the decision of where to spend 4-5 years of their life playing football based on the score of one game.
                          Wanna bet?

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            The game isn’t really on a national stage. GameDay ends at a 11am, the game starts at 2pm. The game airs on ESPN+, the only people watching would be the same people watching either way. SDSU gets a nice national spotlight for 3 hours on ESPN.
                            Really? 1.8 million people watched game day when it was in Fargo. You think SDSU gets that kind of viewership on a normal game? Come on man.

Comment

Wanna bet?
                              I’m sure he does. Now prove you’re right.

Comment

I would say the only risk is if there is a complete blowout by NDSU and almost nobody thinks that will happen. If it's a close loss, the coaches can go to the kids and say something to the recruit like, "You see how close we are to being on top? YOU can be the one to take us there. How much better is it to not only BE the best, but be part of the group that BECOMES the best?" Of the four basic scenarios(big NDSU win, small NDSU win, small SDSU win, big SDSU win), only one of them is bad for SDSU recruiting, and it's far from the most likely one. JMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X