Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I dont think you can do it by stadium. All you will see is upd checking for wrist bands and if people are drinking etc.
    South of stadium in Wellness Center lot is likely the best.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

This will make the trip down even more fun! Agree that NDSU coming helped make this happen but the Jacks needed to do their part and be at least 6-1/#3, so congrats to your school and fanbase. As far as where it'll be set up, everyone in Fargo assumed it would be by the tailgate lots/Fargo Dome. GameDay set up downtown by the Fargo theater and it couldn't have been a more perfect spot. Thinking they may try something similar, yeah? I've been to Brookings quite a few times but I don't honestly know the campus or city well enough to offer alternative location suggestions.

Comment

I'm thinking it's going to be in SylvanTheatre with the Campanile in the backdrop

Comment

It's probably to close to post graduation but if Mike Daum was in the country, he would be a great guest host. He is good behind the microphone, follows sports and is a great spokesman for SDSU. But I think he is overseas yet.

Comment

Bob Barker or did he die? January Jones is she still relevant to the state? Josh duhamel....oh wait. Vinatieri is the logical choice. Leading scorer in nfl is not a bad choice. He could fly in and be on his way by noon to where ever he needs to be. Not sure what saturdays are used for in the nfl so he might be able too.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Bob Barker or did he die? January Jones is she still relevant to the state? Josh duhamel....oh wait. Vinatieri is the logical choice. Leading scorer in nfl is not a bad choice. He could fly in and be on his way by noon to where ever he needs to be. Not sure what saturdays are used for in the nfl so he might be able too.
              Vinatieri already said on Twitter he won’t be there, only in spirit.

Comment

Mike Miller?
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  Mike Miller?
                  He's a Gator and an active coach for a basketball program we may fight for a recruit or two against. Hard Pass
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    He's a Gator and an active coach for a basketball program we may fight for a recruit or two against. Hard Pass
                    And a program who seems to be dragging their feet on the paperwork to help get David Wingett eligible. Easy pass.

Comment

...January Jones is she still relevant to the state? J...
                      January's parents are SDSU alums.

Comment

I don’t expect any big boost in the immediate future but the attention this will bring is a big deal in a state where most people initially think of the over-hyped team from Nebraska when they consider college football. This will get noticed - probably at least as much as a national title would when it comes to casual football fans.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          If you don’t have tickets yet you better get them now as they are flying off ticket website. Before today there was around 1200 left. Now less than 600.
                          Less than 300 tickets left.

Comment

22Jack at post 25 in this thread provided a link to the announcement by GameDay's Reece Davis. Here's another Twitter link with the official announcement from ESPN (and is followed by the Reece Davis announcement 22Jack provided):

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay

Comment

NDSU GameDay Trivia:

GameDay was in Fargo in 2013 and 2014. On 9/21/13, the Bison hosted Delaware State following the ESPN GameDay that morning. NDSU won 51-0. Delaware State had a 5-6 season that year.

In 2014, GameDay returned to Fargo on September 13. On that day the Bison opened their home schedule against University of Incarnate Word. Bison 58, Incarnate Word 0. UIW ended the season 2-9.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                I don’t expect any big boost in the immediate future but the attention this will bring is a big deal in a state where most people initially think of the over-hyped team from Nebraska when they consider college football. This will get noticed - probably at least as much as a national title would when it comes to casual football fans.
                                It will help recruiting in all sports. I can't imagine that the basketball and wrestling coaches won't tell recruits to tune in and see the excitement.

Comment

Working...
                                X