10/19/2019 @ ISUB : Sycamore Trees Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/19/2019 @ ISUB : Sycamore Trees Week

This has trap game written all over it, so I'd say it'd be in everyone's best interstate to not overlook the Sycamores. After this weekend's big comeback win, and with the Marker game looming, this one presents it's own unique challenges. Early game (noon), against a team that has been decimated by injury and is fighting for their playoff lives at 3-3. Boyle, their mobile QB, is out for the season. But this team still has talent, and we all know how the game in Brookings went last year.

My main concern is the potential to overlook them given how we've played against lesser competition in the non-conference vs LIU and Drake. ISUB will be the third best team we've played this season so far, even though they have and less-than-stellar offense. Terra Haute is tough place to play due to the weird one-sided stadium and lack of energy from the crowd. The boys will have to create their own energy and come in with a lot of focus.

I'm hopefully that this weekend's YSU win sparked something in the offense and they come out firing on all cylinders.

My main goals for the game are:

1) Play a full 60 minutes, and start fast. We've been saying it all year, but the slow starts will catch up eventually.
    2) Cut down on penalties. I know some were questionable calls, but there were some real lack of focus issues that lead to retaliation penalties, kick catch interference, etc. Those are just bone headed plays that put us behind the 8 ball in the first half on Saturday.
    3) Control time of possession. Long slow drives that keep our D off the field are a must. With NDSU looming, we can't have the D out there for long drives into the second half, getting worn down. That starts with the Offense sustaining drives and finishing them off with 7.

Thoughts on the Trees? Any news on Seven Wilson?

Re: 10/19/2019 @ ISUB : Sycamore Trees Week

Sounds like this is the Valley Game of the Week, i.e., only on ESPN3. No ESPN+, if I understand that correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      This has trap game written all over it, so I'd say it'd be in everyone's best interstate to not overlook the Sycamores. After this weekend's big comeback win, and with the Marker game looming, this one presents it's own unique challenges. Early game (noon), against a team that has been decimated by injury and is fighting for their playoff lives at 3-3. Boyle, their mobile QB, is out for the season. But this team still has talent, and we all know how the game in Brookings went last year.

My main concern is the potential to overlook them given how we've played against lesser competition in the non-conference vs LIU and Drake. ISUB will be the third best team we've played this season so far, even though they have and less-than-stellar offense. Terra Haute is tough place to play due to the weird one-sided stadium and lack of energy from the crowd. The boys will have to create their own energy and come in with a lot of focus.

I'm hopefully that this weekend's YSU win sparked something in the offense and they come out firing on all cylinders.

1) Play a full 60 minutes, and start fast. We've been saying it all year, but the slow starts will catch up eventually.
      2) Cut down on penalties. I know some were questionable calls, but there were some real lack of focus issues that lead to retaliation penalties, kick catch interference, etc. Those are just bone headed plays that put us behind the 8 ball in the first half on Saturday.
      3) Control time of possession. Long slow drives that keep our D off the field are a must. With NDSU looming, we can't have the D out there for long drives into the second half, getting worn down. That starts with the Offense sustaining drives and finishing them off with 7.

Stig said on his radio show last night that Wilson will not play on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

I disagree. If this is a trap game then the players don't understand the playoff seeding. The Jacks will likely get everyone's best game but I think ISUB's best doesn't get them close even if we have a flat start.

My prediction is a solid 3-4 quarters of performance and full team win.

I'll go 34 -10

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like it'll be a beautiful day in Indiana around game time Saturday. 70 degrees, sunny, no wind at kickoff time. Good day to get the passing game going after we've established the run and worn them down.

Comment

Working...
          X