GDT: @ YSU Penguins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ YSU Penguins

So many positives to take from this game.
    1. Gibbs just never seems to get rattled. Would have been easy for him to fold down 21-9 in the 3rd quarter but he lead them on a methodical 13 play 75 yards drive that included a couple big 3rd down throws where he had to go through his progressions to find the open man. Didn't see any of that in the first half.
    2. O-line played great second half. Think this is more due to simply wearing ysu's d-line down. Even though the runs for little to no gain don't look like much in the first half, they add up and glad the coaching staff stuck with it
    3. Jaxon Janke runs as hard as anyone I can remember. Looked like he was looking for guys to club with his forearm after he got the ball. Tough kid
    4. Pass rush in the 4th quarter was really good. This again is where our depth shows up, guys are fresh late in the game and their o-line looked like they were gassed

All in all a great comeback win that should put a lot of confidence into the players. No letdowns next week on the road

Comment

Great road win. 35 points in the second half. That was very impressive. Gibbs is getting healthier, more experienced and more confident with every series. That's key. Also, the whole defense is playing well, not just the front seven.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Great road win. 35 points in the second half. That was very impressive. Gibbs is getting healthier, more experienced and more confident with every series. That's key. Also, the whole defense is playing well, not just the front seven.
        The secondary has been great for being so young and inexperienced. totally impressed with their play.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Gibbs named MVFC Offensive Player of the Week and Newcomer of the Week.

Comment

Any replay of this game online?

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
              Any replay of this game online?
              Doesn’t ESPN+ have replays? It was available live via ESPN+.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Doesn’t ESPN+ have replays? It was available live via ESPN+.
                This should be the ESPN+ link.

https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id...f-aa880e40c3ab
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

The more I think about it, Gibbs is protecting the ball well now. Similar to TC and is what this team needs. Still early but I like where he is at right now and his trajectory.

No turnovers for the O was huge.

We may have just seen this year's X factor show up in "Grit". Belief is a powerful thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Even considering the first half of the game at YSU, Gibbs has landed MVFC player of the week. It seems that the voters are considering the entire body of work for the game. Congrats to the young man.

Hmmmm It took 4 career games to achieve.

https://valley-football.org/
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Just getting a chance to get on the thread....reading this is like a 911 operator talking the guy off the ledge.

I just have a couple things to add.

On Gibbs 63 yarder Sellers was a beast no doubt...now I ask, go back and watch it but just watch Adam Anderson. Dude splits out far lefrt and runs a short in pattern. When he sees J'bore break it watch him get on his horse, cross the field, get ahead of him and block him into the end zone. Total effort team mentality.

The amount of uncalled holds on their OL was crazy, I counted at least 9 blatant ones.

Tolu is coming into his own and Hicks is going to be a monster for years to come. Keep in mind he just started putting his hand in the dirt this summer, crazy.

This team has a lot of great leadership.

Comment

Couple Observations:

-Great team win, defense really provided a spark and will continue to be our backbone. It seems the new D coordinators have really put this group in position to be really good. (Recruiting hasn't hurt either)
                        -Offense played really well in the 2nd half. One thing I hope Eck will implement is giving JG a check down option on his true drop backs. It seems we are expecting JG to progress through 3 progressions like TC was able to as a senior and I don't know JG is there....YET. It seems if his first two aren't open, he gets happy feet and turns and runs. A check down option would allow him to dump it off and get a couple yards without getting hit. My hope is that this side of the ball continues to get better these next conference game and gets us in position to make a run.....
                        -Jaxon Janke is going to be a fan favorite before long with his toughness and poise. 4 years of him and JG will be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                          So many positives to take from this game.
                          1. Gibbs just never seems to get rattled. Would have been easy for him to fold down 21-9 in the 3rd quarter but he lead them on a methodical 13 play 75 yards drive that included a couple big 3rd down throws where he had to go through his progressions to find the open man. Didn't see any of that in the first half.
                          2. O-line played great second half. Think this is more due to simply wearing ysu's d-line down. Even though the runs for little to no gain don't look like much in the first half, they add up and glad the coaching staff stuck with it
                          3. Jaxon Janke runs as hard as anyone I can remember. Looked like he was looking for guys to club with his forearm after he got the ball. Tough kid
                          4. Pass rush in the 4th quarter was really good. This again is where our depth shows up, guys are fresh late in the game and their o-line looked like they were gassed

All in all a great comeback win that should put a lot of confidence into the players. No letdowns next week on the road
                          Part of the reason that Gibbs had more time to throw in the second was giving help to Johnson against #4, who was causing a lot of the pressure off the edge. A number of times in passing situations either a TE or Sellers lined up next to Johnson to slow down the edge rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post
                            Couple Observations:

-Great team win, defense really provided a spark and will continue to be our backbone. It seems the new D coordinators have really put this group in position to be really good. (Recruiting hasn't hurt either)
                            -Offense played really well in the 2nd half. One thing I hope Eck will implement is giving JG a check down option on his true drop backs. It seems we are expecting JG to progress through 3 progressions like TC was able to as a senior and I don't know JG is there....YET. It seems if his first two aren't open, he gets happy feet and turns and runs. A check down option would allow him to dump it off and get a couple yards without getting hit. My hope is that this side of the ball continues to get better these next conference game and gets us in position to make a run.....
                            -Jaxon Janke is going to be a fan favorite before long with his toughness and poise. 4 years of him and JG will be fun.
                            Totally agree with the Jaxon Janke take. He's going to be a fun one for a long time. His athleticism just jumps.... you can see it.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Totally agree with the Jaxon Janke take. He's going to be a fun one for a long time. His athleticism just jumps.... you can see it.
                              Just wish he would field a punt with it letting it bounce first.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Was Diamond Evans injured at some point on Saturday ? I'm sure Tyler said on the post-game that he was on the sidelines in street clothes at the end of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X