Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ YSU Penguins

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Considering he went into the fencing response after the hit, I think a moderate to severe concussion is a certainty.
    Earlier in the week, after Pittsburgh Steeler Mason Rudolph got knocked out, a doctor put out this video regarding the posturing, or fencing response.... Scary stuff, and interesting enough, they let Seven, just like Mason walk off the field afterwards...
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The Jackrabbits had 6.4 yards per carry with 214 net yards. Of course some of those yards came on long runs and resulted in TDs except the long run in first quarter where they settled for 3. 35 points in second half was a nice touch as the YSU defense faded. It was a great road win against a rated team. Gibbs tossed a fantastic long pass to Cade Johnson for the TD. That is more arm and touch than illustrated so far this year. The thing that might be difficult to watch and accept was the 105 yards of penalties.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I know I shouldn't have done it, but I did some quick perusing of YSU and NDSU message boards and social media, apparently we had the refs in our corner tonight . Also, the YSU beat guy is a big homer. After watching the broadcast everybody should tweet at Midco, Nieman, and Zim telling them how much we appreciate them, we are a blessed fan base and State overall when it comes to the coverage they provide.

Comment

Pelini press conference
          https://youtu.be/aMYOsxCXJfM

Comment

I’m just gonna try and forget the 1st half. I have dropped a few F bombs. Our Def depth at dline is awesome.
            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
              I know I shouldn't have done it, but I did some quick perusing of YSU and NDSU message boards and social media, apparently we had the refs in our corner tonight . Also, the YSU beat guy is a big homer. After watching the broadcast everybody should tweet at Midco, Nieman, and Zim telling them how much we appreciate them, we are a blessed fan base and State overall when it comes to the coverage they provide.
              you say you know better, but obviously you don’t.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Just getting a chance to view this GDT thread now. It’s interesting to read it from beginning to end. The ledge was pretty crowded at halftime. I have to admit I thought we were going to fold as well.

A win at YSU with a freshman QB is a solid accomplishment. Zimmer called it “one of the most significant wins in recent program history”.

The penalties were the most frustrating part of the game for me. That has to change to have any chance at playing in late December.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                  I’m just gonna try and forget the 1st half. I have dropped a few F bombs. Our Def depth at dline is awesome.
                  It looked like we switched lines with ysu in the second half. Our oline was off the first half but much better in the second. Cline really got some good pressure late in the game too. Offense coming g out flat every game is a little concern but this team is resilient for sure. That's probably the big take away.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

A win is a win, on the road vs a top 20 team on their homecoming. I'm not too worried about the X's and O's. That's a big win for our Jacks on the road. I'm really proud how they came back and battled. This team has guts and thats what it takes to win games. Let's Go Rabbits!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      you say you know better, but obviously you don’t.
                      Story of my life. I blame the Hamm's.

Comment

That was a big win. Our defense is elite, especially the front 7. Our offense is up and down; we need them to be more consistent for us to make a deep playoff run. Gibbs has played more like a freshman than not but the one aspect of his game that is way beyond his age is his ability to move past things. I’m impressed by that. He easily could have folded tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                          I hope we can get it out of our system this game and regroup, because this team isn't looking like a playoff team. The signs have been there for a little while, but it's all coming to a head now. Maybe they can regroup, but it isn't looking good for this game.
                          This did not age well. Being several beers deep at that point didn't help either.

However, the slow starts and lack of focus early is going to cost us eventually.

Comment

This did not age well. Being several beers deep at that point didn't help either.

However, the slow starts and lack of focus early is going to cost us eventually.
                            Props to you for acknowledging it.

I'm not a fan of the slow starts either, but the Jacks are putting up elite scoring numbers in games' second half relative their opponents (and the argument that it was only against considerably inferior opponents was at least slightly weakened last night). In addition, they're in the top 3 in offensive efficiency; Gibbs isn't turning it over much; and they're winning.

Sure it might cost the Jacks, but last night could also have been an inflection point. Do you think any teams in the Valley are looking forward to facing the Jacks' defense, rushing attack, and a QB trending upward?

Comment

The Bison will bury us if we have one of these slow starts against them for sure. Our staff's second half adjustments have been something else this season, it has been both frustrating and fun as hell to watch.

Comment

Those short run plays featuring CW Wilson worked the second half but not in the first half. I believe in the last TD drive they ran the same CW at least eight times and YSU was apparently winded by then. I find it hard to believe CW only got 48 yards on the ground. Apparently he had negative yardage at half time.

Comment

Working...
                                X