No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Summit BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omaha up 37-31 as Pile picks up 2 fouls in 4 minutes. He watches from there to half.
    PFW tried to give away game as Denver pulled within 3 inside of a minute. 8 seconds left as 58-51 lead for mastodons in the final home game for Summit games.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Fighting Hawks do not help Jackrabbits as they lose 84-83 in OT.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• WIU and Denver with a play-in game for the #8 seed on Saturday.

Comment

• Now that our conference slate is complete, the picture for the 1 and 2 seeds are almost completely clear.

Clearly if NDSU loses, we get the 1 seed, however, if NDSU wins I was interested to see how we could end up with the 1 seed. This analysis was all done based on the tie breaking procedures spelled out in this post :http://sdsufans.com/board/forum/beyo...ing-procedures
          For some reason I can't find them on the Summit League website anymore, so if they've changed, then this could all change, but I'm assuming they're the same.

IF NDSU wins...

Omaha would be 9-7

IF USD wins, they would be 10-6 and get the 3 seed, NDSU would get the 1 seed due to their 2-0 record vs. USD.
          IF USD loses, they would be 9-7 and tied with Omaha, so then we get into a situation where you look at SDSU and NDSU records vs. the tied group of teams, which would include USD, Omaha, and possibly ORU...

IF ORU loses, they are 8-8 and get the 5 seed, NDSU would be the 1 seed because they would be 3-1 vs USD and Omaha, and we would be 2-2.
          IF ORU wins, they would be 9-7 and tied with USD and Omaha (assuming USD and Omaha both lose), and NDSU would be 4-2 against those 3 teams and we would be 4-2. Then it goes to the next tie breaker of comparing NDSU and SDSU's RPI ranking. After yesterday's game, NDSU is at 131, SDSU is at 139 (before yesterday's game, NDSU was 132, SDSU was 138, so the outcome didn't move RPI much). It would depend how much NDSU fell after a loss to Omaha. They are at 160, so my guess is that NDSU wouldn't fall below us. Which means that this whole exercise was probably for nothing. However, I hadn't seen it laid out so I had to figure it out for myself.

TLDR version: Omaha beating NDSU is very likely the only way we would get the 1 seed, but there's a sliver of a chance that we could still get it IF NDSU wins, USD loses, and ORU wins.

Comment

• The 3-6 seeds are a mess between USD, Omaha, ORU, and UND.

PFW is locked into the 7 seed even if they win and UND loses due to head to head.

The winner of Denver and WIU will get the 8 seed.

Imo, PFW is much more dangerous than both Denver and WIU, so the 1 seed is a big deal for that match up.

Comment

• Denver beats WIU 69-63 in the elimination game and will be the #8 seed.

Comment

• Men's pairings

Saturday

(1) North Dakota State vs (8) Denver, 6 p.m.

(2) South Dakota State vs (7) Purdue-Fort Wayne, 8:30 p.m.

Sunday

(4/5) Oral Roberts vs (4/5) Omaha, Sunday at 6 p.m.

(3) South Dakota vs (6) North Dakota, Sunday at 8:30 p.m.

Monday

Semifinal, 6 p.m.

Semifinal, 8:30 p.m.

Tuesday

Championship, 8 p.m. (all games televised on Midco SN except championship on ESPN2)

Comment

• Home team magic today
                  Feb. 29 Western Illinois * 63 Denver 69 Final
                  Feb. 29 North Dakota * 67 South Dakota 77 Final
                  Feb. 29 Omaha * 67 North Dakota State 87 Final
                  Feb. 29 Purdue Fort Wayne * 66 Oral Roberts 72 End of 2nd
                  Tulsa, Okla. | Mabee Center | KGEB/ESPN3
                  * Conference

Comment

• Douglas makes 1st team, Matt 2nd team. Noah and Douglas make all-newcomer team. Noah is freshman of the year.

Comment

• Douglas in Newcomer of the year.

Comment

• Hendo is coach of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                          Douglas makes 1st team, Matt 2nd team. Noah and Douglas make all-newcomer team. Noah is freshman of the year.
                          Hendo COY
                          Wilson POY

Also, Noah got HM

Comment

Working...
                          X