Hobo Week: SIU comes to town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Week: SIU comes to town

SIU has been historically a great program, but they've really fallen off this decade. They went down hill about the same time that Delaware, Montana, UNI, and McNeese all dropped off. This period of time also coincides with App State and Georgia Southern leaving for FBS. It's also when programs such as NDSU, SHSU, and EWU started their rise. The landscape of the FCS is quite a bit different than it was 10 years ago. While NDSU may be the best program in FCS regardless of era, we don't have the same level of parity within the top 10 that used to be there. Even with us, JMU, etc., it isnt the same. UD, Montana, and Montana State returning to prominence will help. I'd like to see SIU do the same, just not this Saturday.

Comment

Discounted Hobo Day Tickets for Alumni
      If you haven’t gotten your tickets to the Hobo Day football game, the Alumni Association has you covered! We have secured game tickets for alumni for just $20!

The sections available for this are 200, 208, 115 and 124.

Promo Code is: HOBOALUMNI

Comment

Is the Hobo Days game not being telecast in SD? The MVFC website shows the game only on ESPN+ and something called MY49.
        USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
          Is the Hobo Days game not being telecast in SD? The MVFC website shows the game only on ESPN+ and something called MY49.
          I thought I saw something about a kelo station would have the game? My utv? Something like that. Guess midco doesn't want to show it?
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I thought I saw something about a kelo station would have the game? My utv? Something like that. Guess midco doesn't want to show it?
            You are correct it is on MyUTV (11.2 Sioux Falls, 3.2 Aberdeen/Watertown, 6.2 Pierre).
            MidcoSN is broadcasting USD game on MidcoSN1 & UND on MidcoSN2.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              You are correct it is on MyUTV (11.2 Sioux Falls, 3.2 Aberdeen/Watertown, 6.2 Pierre).
              Apparently its not on in Ethan. I checked the UTV schedule fo Sat at 2 and no game. It doesn't matter to me cause i will be at the game.

Comment

Lame on midco and horrible scheduling. That 3 dakota school all have games at the same time.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Lame on midco and horrible scheduling. That 3 dakota school all have games at the same time.
                  How do you know Midco made the decision? For the record I have no ideas who makes those decisions.

Comment

How do you know Midco made the decision?
                    Maybe since usd can only get 5000 in their half dome, they figured they should have that game on for those who still care but cant get tickets

Comment

How do you know Midco made the decision? For the record I have no ideas who makes those decisions.
                      I would hope our admin wanted to get the game on TV, I don't know how the contracts for how they pick games works out, but we are the school not on midco. maybe that's good and the Kelo my utv thing can reach more people who don't have midco. So I don't know, but I like midcos production and Tom N, not so much Brad Knew-it.

Comment

I would hope our admin wanted to get the game on TV, I don't know how the contracts for how they pick games works out, but we are the school not on midco. maybe that's good and the Kelo my utv thing can reach more people who don't have midco. So I don't know, but I like midcos production and Tom N, not so much Brad Knew-it.
                        I wouldn't be surprised if the administration is indifferent about Hobo Day game being on Midco. Its clearly killing attendence.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          I wouldn't be surprised if the administration is indifferent about Hobo Day game being on Midco. Its clearly killing attendence.
                          Hobo day is probably the one game if someone goes it will be the one. If that's the case why have any games on tv at all?

Comment

Hobo day is probably the one game if someone goes it will be the one. If that's the case why have any games on tv at all?
                            I drive 8 hours rt for every game so don't have a lot of empathy for those who can't find time to drive an hour or less from Sioux Falls or elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              I drive 8 hours rt for every game so don't have a lot of empathy for those who can't find time to drive an hour or less from Sioux Falls or elsewhere.
                              No one is asking for your empathy for people in Sioux falls. But your saying the game on tv will affect hobo day attendance so if they want people at the games they shouldn't have any games on tv.

Comment

Hobo Day weather forecast is now officially good fall football weather at game time. Showers forecast for the morning but the afternoon will be partly cloudy and a high of 55. The only weather challenge will be some wind but that just makes the game a little more interesting.

Go Jacks! Fill the stadium!

Comment

Working...
                                X