Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Week: SIU comes to town

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Hobo Day weather forecast is now officially good fall football weather at game time. Showers forecast for the morning but the afternoon will be partly cloudy and a high of 55. The only weather challenge will be some wind but that just makes the game a little more interesting.

Go Jacks! Fill the stadium!
    Traditionally, there has to be a few snowflakes in the air for the Hobo Day Parade. A bit too warm for that this weekend so I guess we'll have to settle for a spot of rain.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Lame on midco and horrible scheduling. That 3 dakota school all have games at the same time.
      I find it interesting that SDSU, UND and USD all have their homecoming games on the same day. Of course, when you have your homecoming game, you have to have an afternoon game. I'd be willing to bet that if all three schools didn't have their homecomings that day, that one of the games would have been moved to a night game.
      I wonder is Tom N. and crew will still call the game but it will just be picked up by UTV. They do that some times with away basketball games when the away team doesn't have somebody travel with the team.
      I think, if I remember right, last year SDSU's last home basketball game was not on TV because thief the NSIC tournament so they don't have every game on already. Of course, that was basketball and they do have most of them.

Comment

The Argus Leader is doing a Hobo Day vs. Dakota Day poll. Access it, if you can, and vote.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...ll/3833306002/
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
          I find it interesting that SDSU, UND and USD all have their homecoming games on the same day. Of course, when you have your homecoming game, you have to have an afternoon game. I'd be willing to bet that if all three schools didn't have their homecomings that day, that one of the games would have been moved to a night game.
          I wonder is Tom N. and crew will still call the game but it will just be picked up by UTV. They do that some times with away basketball games when the away team doesn't have somebody travel with the team.
          I think, if I remember right, last year SDSU's last home basketball game was not on TV because thief the NSIC tournament so they don't have every game on already. Of course, that was basketball and they do have most of them.
          Pardon me, who is UTV? I have never heard of them.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            No one is asking for your empathy for people in Sioux falls. But your saying the game on tv will affect hobo day attendance so if they want people at the games they shouldn't have any games on tv.
            I would be for blacking out the game within 100 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              The Argus Leader is doing a Hobo Day vs. Dakota Day poll. Access it, if you can, and vote.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...ll/3833306002/
              SDSU students found in Vermillion on Saturday need to be shot, or at the very least, sterilized..... I will never understand the subset of students that go to the other school's homecoming. If you want to go see your high school friends bad enough to skip your own homecoming to visit theirs, you probably should have just gone down there for school in the first place.

We all know that Hobo Day is monumentally better, but even subjectively, D-Days has always seemed like a trashy frat party that gets interrupted by a football game. When you're 1-3, I suppose that doesn't sound too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                I would be for blacking out the game within 100 miles.
                I disagree. In the long term, I think blackouts would hurt the Jacks' cause a lot more than help it. The Jacks need TV exposure to help generate fans. Meantime, SDSU and its existing fans need to demonstrate to TV viewers that going to games in person is a great experience. Oh, and win. The team needs to win. Beating SIU on Hobo Day would be a good start.
                Last edited by Jacked_Up; 10-02-2019, 04:50 PM.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  I disagree. In the long term, I think blackouts would hurt the Jacks' cause a lot more than help it. The Jacks need TV exposure to help generate fans. Meantime, SDSU and its existing fans need to demonstrate to TV viewers that going to games in person is a great experience. Oh, and win. The team needs to win.
                  A few things are going in the right direction, the team has been winning, but this year the ticket prices seem as favorable for fans as they have in many years, they have good sales and ticket packages, now they need to promote them heavily, and do that for a few years to get those people to come back for a game or two year after year. I know it sounds gimmicky, but I think the more SDSU ties other events to the football game you can get some extra people to go who might not normally be there. Like have a college of nursing scholarship fundraiser, have a golf tournament for it and have major discounted tickets available for those who go. Bring people into town for a good reason but give them some extra entertainment they might only consider on hobo day maybe. Like Fraternities, instead of just hobo day get togethers, or yearly banquet or founders day type celebration. hold them on weekends of a football game......I could see those types of connections easily bringing in hundreds of extra per event. It might not seem like much but maybe year after year it sort of takes off, or they enjoy it and come up for more games then just the one event they are connected to for academics or organization. Midco coverage is only going to reach so many people. I really think the conference needs to allow all conference games to be free on their website. people who are cutting the cord might not have midco or espn + as an option.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I don't know about anyone else. But I have had numerous e-mails bragging up cheap tickets for the game on Saturday. Makes me think the sales are lagging?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                      I don't know about anyone else. But I have had numerous e-mails bragging up cheap tickets for the game on Saturday. Makes me think the sales are lagging?
                      OR they are trying to do what we've been suggesting, lower the price to lure more people to come. I'm sure they'd love to entice all of those who normally come for just parade to come to the game. Hey it's only $20 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        OR they are trying to do what we've been suggesting, lower the price to lure more people to come. I'm sure they'd love to entice all of those who normally come for just parade to come to the game. Hey it's only $20 bucks.
                        Quite possible? I still think most people in SD are cheap. Myself included

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                          Quite possible? I still think most people in SD are cheap. Myself included
                          Speaking of being cheap, I going to my first game in 31 years this weekend and I am in search of a ticket. Most of the ticket sites look like they are trying to get their fair share of profit. Other than the aforementioned email blast, what is the best way to find a reasonable priced ticket. I normally don't care where I sit but want to be able to see my son with the Pride. Any tips or tricks!

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                            Speaking of being cheap, I going to my first game in 31 years this weekend and I am in search of a ticket. Most of the ticket sites look like they are trying to get their fair share of profit. Other than the aforementioned email blast, what is the best way to find a reasonable priced ticket. I normally don't care where I sit but want to be able to see my son with the Pride. Any tips or tricks!
                            Just go to jackrabbittickets.com, pick which section you want to sit in, pick your seat, and you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                              Check the Special offer Here: https://www.facebook.com/yanktonjack...type=3&theater

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Pardon me, who is UTV? I have never heard of them.
                                MyUTV is affiliated with KELOLAND-TV. It has good cable and digital reach. In addition to the Hobo Day game, it will be carrying the Youngstown road game.

https://www.keloland.com/sports/sdsu...ming-to-myutv/
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X