Board Upgrade 2019!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board Upgrade 2019!

I was hoping to hold off until the Christmas break but apparently there's a security issue with the version of vBulletin that we're running which will require me to upgrade to the latest version of the software sooner rather than later.

I hope to get the upgrade completed in the next few days, and will try to keep the upgrade activity (and board downtime) to between the hours of midnight and 6 am CDT.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Board Upgrade 2019!

Since the software upgrade is a not insignificant cost, and since this endeavor is pretty drastically non-profit to begin with, and since I rather enjoy being married to my current spouse:

My Better Half suggests that those of you with more money than sense (although she put it quite a bit nicer than that) might want to go hit the PayPal button that's over there on the left side of the ol' blog page:

http://sdsufans.com

Apparently, according to Filbertwife, there's a box you can check on PayPal to indicate that it's a "friends" payment and if you check that PayPal won't take their usual cut of the transaction.

(Yeah, I'm not real good at this self-promotion thing.)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

You are better off to log-into pay-pal and send this to friends and family. your link on the homepage does not do that (I don't think).

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        You are better off to log-into pay-pal and send this to friends and family. your link on the homepage does not do that (I don't think).
        To be honest, I have no idea, I don't really use PayPal all that much. Apparently it's an option on the iOS app.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Since the software upgrade is a not insignificant cost, and since this endeavor is pretty drastically non-profit to begin with, and since I rather enjoy being married to my current spouse:

My Better Half suggests that those of you with more money than sense (although she put it quite a bit nicer than that) might want to go hit the PayPal button that's over there on the left side of the ol' blog page:

http://sdsufans.com

Apparently, according to Filbertwife, there's a box you can check on PayPal to indicate that it's a "friends" payment and if you check that PayPal won't take their usual cut of the transaction.

(Yeah, I'm not real good at this self-promotion thing.)
          Will the new version of this board have a roof on it, sell beer, and only show the full side? If so, I'm all in.

For real though, how much you need? You put a goal out there and I'm guessing we reach it in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Will the new version of this board have a roof on it, sell beer, and only show the full side? If so, I'm all in.

For real though, how much you need? You put a goal out there and I'm guessing we reach it in no time.
            I like this Goal Idea. I would think at least a dollar a Day or maybe a couple dollars for each registered user(#'s wise that is) Thanks Phil.

Comment

Threw in my beer money for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                So your saying you pretty much covered the cost of the whole thing eh? Just kidding but seriously.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                  So your saying you pretty much covered the cost of the whole thing eh? Just kidding but seriously.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    I like this Goal Idea. I would think at least a dollar a Day or maybe a couple dollars for each registered user(#'s wise that is) Thanks Phil.
                    Well, the (surprise!) upgrade is $350 or so. The ongoing operating costs are . . . er . . . "I was told there would be no math!!!"
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well, the (surprise!) upgrade is $350 or so. The ongoing operating costs are . . . er . . . "I was told there would be no math!!!"
                      Wow, that's more than I thought. However, if the people that use this site consistently pitch in $20 or $30, it will be covered fairly quickly. I'm in.

Before I do this... do you want me to use the donate button on the left side of sdsufans.com? Or does paypal take a cut that way? If so, let us know how you want us to do it. There's no box to check. If paypal takes a cut out of the donate option, the best way would be to provide the address you want the money sent to, and have people just log into their paypal account, hit 'send money', put in the email address, then choose 'send to someone you trust', which is the "sending to a friend" option. They won't take fees that way.

Comment

Thanks to:

Chad,
                        Todd,
                        Ryan,
                        Jordan!

(You know who you are!)
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Wow, that's more than I thought. However, if the people that use this site consistently pitch in $20 or $30, it will be covered fairly quickly. I'm in.

Before I do this... do you want me to use the donate button on the left side of sdsufans.com? Or does paypal take a cut that way? If so, let us know how you want us to do it. There's no box to check. If paypal takes a cut out of the donate option, the best way would be to provide the address you want the money sent to, and have people just log into their paypal account, hit 'send money', put in the email address, then choose 'send to someone you trust', which is the "sending to a friend" option. They won't take fees that way.
                          I'll PM you the Address that hitting the Donate now button yields.
                          I'm not sure but I do think that anything BUT send to friends/Family incurs cost.

Comment

So Oct. is Annual Fire safety awareness month. perhaps we should have an annual running the board you enjoy visiting isn't fee please donate month? Gotta work on that name though. Oktoberfest-> SDSUfsn.comFest? work in progress.

Comment

Thanks continue:

Jason,
                              Richard!
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X