Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SUU Thunderbirds

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Then, Backhaus essentially knocked Helbig out of the game on a QB run.
    Pro tip for Helbig (and many other SUU players): Consider wearing actual big boy shoulder pads when you play a Valley team. You can go back to the Baby Gap version for Big Sky games.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Pro tip for Helbig (and many other SUU players): Consider wearing actual big boy shoulder pads when you play a Valley team. You can go back to the Baby Gap version for Big Sky games.
      He was rattled on sideline; their medical staff spent several minutes examining him and even took him to locker room at one point. I saw nothing wrong with Backhaus' hit, and Helbig probably wishes he would've slid on that play

Comment

There’s plenty to discuss, but our stable of running backs are worthy of a dedicated post. We’ve certainly never seen anything like this. How about that series where Strong ripped off multiple 10+ yard runs and the CJ came in and made that ridiculous TD sprint around the left end? Mikey added another hurdle job to his highlight real. Then, Mulholland comes in and averages 7 YPC. Credit, of course, also goes to the OL for wearing SUU down.

We could have rushed for 400 yds if getting Gibbs more comfortable with the passing game was not such a focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          There’s plenty to discuss, but our stable of running backs are worthy of a dedicated post. We’ve certainly never seen anything like this. How about that series where Strong ripped off multiple 10+ yard runs and the CJ came in and made that ridiculous TD sprint around the left end? Mikey added another hurdle job to his highlight real. Then, Mulholland comes in and averages 7 YPC. Credit, of course, also goes to the OL for wearing SUU down.

We could have rushed for 400 yds if getting Gibbs more comfortable with the passing game was not such a focus.
          Can't argue with that, but some credit as to go to the Fat Boys (OL) for holding the pocket. I think Strong is on his way to breaking Zenner's records and CJ is right behind him. After looking at stats,maybe not last night Strong 85 yards and Wilson 79. Who ever spotted these two guys deserves a feather in their hat. Very good athletes.

Comment

I still don't understand the thought process behind our kick return game. Cade is a weapon back there, but save him for big games like NDSU and other conference must-wins. But Southern Utah ? And I love Mikey Daniel's game, but I don't see returning kicks as one of his strengths. We have young speed burners like Deyon Campbell and others who are looking for playing time and a way to contribute. It seems like returning kicks is a perfect way to do that without risking injuries to our stars on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              I still don't understand the thought process behind our kick return game. Cade is a weapon back there, but save him for big games like NDSU and other conference must-wins. But Southern Utah ? And I love Mikey Daniel's game, but I don't see returning kicks as one of his strengths. We have young speed burners like Deyon Campbell and others who are looking for playing time and a way to contribute. It seems like returning kicks is a perfect way to do that without risking injuries to our stars on offense.
              I don't recall seeing Cade in kick return this game. I only remember Daniel and Wilson in there. Nevertheless, I'd be curious to see how some pairing of Campbell, Wilson, and Mulholland might work.

Comment

Kick off duty for Cade.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

A very good night. A 36-point win, with a late TD called back. Nice weather. Good crowd (including a bunch of recruits). Some of the Jacks' successful teams of the past were honored during breaks (couldn't stuff like that be promoted more in advance?). A couple of blocked kicks. Lots of players got into the game. And the team doesn't look like it has peaked. In another month, this team could really be rolling.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Gibbs is going to be good.

I too thought SUU got away with alot of holding... particularly their RT. Their left Tackle was a mountain... and did a pretty good job.

#14 is a player, for sure.

It was a long game... lots of reviews. Took forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Can't argue with that, but some credit as to go to the Fat Boys (OL) for holding the pocket. I think Strong is on his way to breaking Zenner's records and CJ is right behind him. After looking at stats,maybe not last night Strong 85 yards and Wilson 79. Who ever spotted these two guys deserves a feather in their hat. Very good athletes.
                      Going to be very difficult for anyone to break Zenner's records. We just have too much talent in the backfield now; so nobody will get that many carries over three years again to do what he did.

Comment

Rants & Raves for SUU: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...hern-utah.html
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          Going to be very difficult for anyone to break Zenner's records. We just have too much talent in the backfield now; so nobody will get that many carries over three years again to do what he did.
                          I'm not really sure those records were a good thing for us as it really limited the growth of the rest of the offense. He had a ton of carries. I hope we have enough talent at different positions to be much more balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                            I'm not really sure those records were a good thing for us as it really limited the growth of the rest of the offense. He had a ton of carries. I hope we have enough talent at different positions to be much more balanced.
                            I don't follow. Sumner left SDSU with the most passing yards in school history. Based on my recollection and a quick review of stats, SDSU's offense was very balanced during Zenner's career, IMO.

The running game was not balanced, as Zenner got the vast majority of touches. Is that what you meant? RB's didn't develop?
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              I don't follow. Sumner left SDSU with the most passing yards in school history. Based on my recollection and a quick review of stats, SDSU's offense was very balanced during Zenner's career, IMO.

The running game was not balanced, as Zenner got the vast majority of touches. Is that what you meant? RB's didn't develop?
                              Who was his backup Duffy? Or am I way off. Seems dom clare might have been around there I think some was zenner was just so much better. I think strong could take 25 Carrie's a game not sure about wilson but strong for sure imho could take the load. Just to much talent now have to spread it around. Like Campbell barely gets a touch and he could get the ball his way several times a half.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Who was his backup Duffy? Or am I way off. Seems dom clare might have been around there I think some was zenner was just so much better. I think strong could take 25 Carrie's a game not sure about wilson but strong for sure imho could take the load. Just to much talent now have to spread it around. Like Campbell barely gets a touch and he could get the ball his way several times a half.
                                Reggie Gandy
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X