Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SUU game week: BEEF BOWL

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    Definitely. What's the old saying? "Nothing attracts a crowd quite like a crowd". I think only showing the west side would be huge, but even if it wasn't, it's a simple solution and it isn't going to hurt. It can only help, even if it just makes us look more "big time". Outside of the number of empty seats, I really hate that the only part of our 65 million dollar stadium you see on TV is the smaller, bland Eastside (no offense to our east side folks). I'd way rather show our tall grandstand with suites/loges/ and a pressboard running end zone to endzone. Not that oops mention the fact that the west side is typically 85% full or better. It's just a way better look.
    I posted the replay of the 17 Marker game in the attendance and alcohol thread for those interested in the view from the east side for a game.

Back to this thread, I was happy with the crowd, but we can definitely do better. I really think that having a goal of increasing fan numbers by about 2k for each game would have about huge impact on the atmosphere. If yesterday's game had 16k, that's a good goal that seems achievable.

Comment

Goon is on to something. For the LIU game, a bunch of alumni AGR planned a daylong event of golfing, tailgating and the game. I wasn’t able to make it, but there were a number of alumni that were back for the first time in decades for a game.
      Mid we had a number of groups would do this each year, you could gradually build the base.

Comment

Well I do agree that more people in the stands would help draw more people. I just think it is a mistake having the student body in the end zone. 1.) You can't really see them on TV. 2.) They are the future donors of the school, you should give them a better experience and they will show up. I think they should be seated on the East Side of the stadium. They will enjoy the game more and it will show that more people are at the game on TV. I also think the band needs to be on the East side also. Again it will show as more people in the stands.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
          Well I do agree that more people in the stands would help draw more people. I just think it is a mistake having the student body in the end zone. 1.) You can't really see them on TV. 2.) They are the future donors of the school, you should give them a better experience and they will show up. I think they should be seated on the East Side of the stadium. They will enjoy the game more and it will show that more people are at the game on TV. I also think the band needs to be on the East side also. Again it will show as more people in the stands.
          I am probably mistaken but when I was a student and first talk of a new stadium I was in the pride and it sounded like the band and student section would be on the visitor side. I would put the students and band on the east side and open the endzone for general admission tickets at a reasonable price.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I am probably mistaken but when I was a student and first talk of a new stadium I was in the pride and it sounded like the band and student section would be on the visitor side. I would put the students and band on the east side and open the endzone for general admission tickets at a reasonable price.
            Idk, from a sound standpoint I think the band is right where it should be. Also, I'm fine with the students where they are (especially as soon as they get a video board on the North end so they don't have to crank their heads around to look at the screen). Corner tickets are just as cheap as endzone seats would ever be, and the corners are almost always empty, so I don't think it would change anything. The band and students would likely be taking away seats that they can charge more for on the East side.

Comment

Working...
            X