SUU game week: BEEF BOWL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUU game week: BEEF BOWL

Time to move any QB thoughts, game discussions and general wonderments on to the next opponent.

I can only imagine after Stig's mentions that this week might resemble more of training camp practice. He seems to be rather vocal about the players and either effort or their ability to execute the scheme they have prepared.

Personal opinion is the players come out on fire and hang it on SUU.

Re: SUU game week: BEEF BOWL

Here is my preview: They have some explosive athletes on offense but their offensive line is poor and the defense looks a step slow.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...niversity.html
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

On the radio last night, Stig indicated that they expect J'Bore to play this weekend. He sounded pretty confident in saying that, so I'm assuming we'll see him get significant time.

That said, I'd expect him to have to knock off a little rust, and I won't be surprised at all if it takes him 2 quarters to settle in and get into the zone. I'm hopeful that we can play another solid game on D and limit them to less than 10 points and that our O can put together long drives with balanced play calling and see some QB growth in managing the O. At the end of the day, we need a win and everyone healthy heading into the bye week.

Comment

Coach Stig confirmed at a Sioux Empire Staters Club lunch today in Sioux Falls that J'Bore Gibbs will play against SUU, even though he might not be entirely healed. He definitely needs some playing time before the conference schedule begins.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          On the radio last night, Stig indicated that they expect J'Bore to play this weekend. He sounded pretty confident in saying that, so I'm assuming we'll see him get significant time.

That said, I'd expect him to have to knock off a little rust, and I won't be surprised at all if it takes him 2 quarters to settle in and get into the zone. I'm hopeful that we can play another solid game on D and limit them to less than 10 points and that our O can put together long drives with balanced play calling and see some QB growth in managing the O. At the end of the day, we need a win and everyone healthy heading into the bye week.
          also Stig expected Griffin and Brown back this week also. And that krockett is closer to 90%
          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
            And that krockett is closer to 90%
            With our depth along the front four I would be super OK with Krockett not playing until conference or until he is 100%

Comment

Great to hear about the injury situations with the guys. I fully feel that the team is gonna come out with a high level of intensity in this one. I understand why the intensity wasn’t there the last 2 games, but still feel uneasy about it. This game will hopefully remove any doubt as to how this team is capable of playing

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                With our depth along the front four I would be super OK with Krockett not playing until conference or until he is 100%
                He actually looked pretty good last week against Drake. The first two weeks you could tell he was still getting his confidence back in his leg.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Thank goodness. Nelson has been "OK" most of the time but also borderline awful at times. J'Bore will make mistakes, but he also has the physical skills to make plays that Nelson can't. In the Minnesota game, I was also really happy to see what a vocal and demonstrative leader J'Bore can be. There's a lot of presence there for a freshman, and a ton of physical tools to work with. The good news is with all the talent on this team, it's not all on him. But clearly the team needs a spark.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Projections for attendance this weekend? It looks like it'll be rainy in the mornine but will clear up by mid day. I'm guessing right around 14k for the Beef Bowl.

Comment

Projections for attendance this weekend? It looks like it'll be rainy in the mornine but will clear up by mid day. I'm guessing right around 14k for the Beef Bowl.
                      That was the same number that popped up in my head when thought about it earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                        That was the same number that popped up in my head when thought about it earlier.
                        Let's hope we get to 14k but I'm guessing it will be more in the 11-13k range. Just never seems to be as good as it should be.

Comment

I'm going to guess 15-16K, alot of seed/chem companies giving away tickets i've been I have offered a dozen tickets that my co workers are taking. So I'm hoping for a good crowd.
                          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

It is the Beef Bowl which usually gets us a solid crowd. I wonder how much will the Sanford International Champions Tour event at Minnehaha Country Club will affect the turnout. I mean, Jack Nicklaus will be there again Saturday afternoon for a 9 hole exhibition, that doesn't help. Ill guess 12,500 for the game. I hope i'm wrong and its above 14,000.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
                              It is the Beef Bowl which usually gets us a solid crowd. I wonder how much will the Sanford International Champions Tour event at Minnehaha Country Club will affect the turnout. I mean, Jack Nicklaus will be there again Saturday afternoon for a 9 hole exhibition, that doesn't help. Ill guess 12,500 for the game. I hope i'm wrong and its above 14,000.
                              I will be at the Sanford International on Saturday but gave my tickets to someone

Comment

Working...
                              X