Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SUU game week: BEEF BOWL

Default Re: SUU game week: BEEF BOWL

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    Projections for attendance this weekend? It looks like it'll be rainy in the mornine but will clear up by mid day. I'm guessing right around 14k for the Beef Bowl.
    That was the same number that popped up in my head when thought about it earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    That was the same number that popped up in my head when thought about it earlier.
    Let's hope we get to 14k but I'm guessing it will be more in the 11-13k range. Just never seems to be as good as it should be.

I'm going to guess 15-16K, alot of seed/chem companies giving away tickets i've been I have offered a dozen tickets that my co workers are taking. So I'm hoping for a good crowd.
    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    Projections for attendance this weekend? It looks like it'll be rainy in the mornine but will clear up by mid day. I'm guessing right around 14k for the Beef Bowl.
    It is the Beef Bowl which usually gets us a solid crowd. I wonder how much will the Sanford International Champions Tour event at Minnehaha Country Club will affect the turnout. I mean, Jack Nicklaus will be there again Saturday afternoon for a 9 hole exhibition, that doesn't help. Ill guess 12,500 for the game. I hope i'm wrong and its above 14,000.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksBacker View Post
    It is the Beef Bowl which usually gets us a solid crowd. I wonder how much will the Sanford International Champions Tour event at Minnehaha Country Club will affect the turnout. I mean, Jack Nicklaus will be there again Saturday afternoon for a 9 hole exhibition, that doesn't help. Ill guess 12,500 for the game. I hope i'm wrong and its above 14,000.
    I will be at the Sanford International on Saturday but gave my tickets to someone

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    I will be at the Sanford International on Saturday but gave my tickets to someone
    I'm attending the golf in the morning and then heading to Brookings for tailgate and football. Could make for a long day, but should be fun.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Quote Originally Posted by KUlawJack View Post
    I'm attending the golf in the morning and then heading to Brookings for tailgate and football. Could make for a long day, but should be fun.
    I am thinking of doing the same, not sure how long I will stay at golf. I will definitely be at the game though.

Kids have a school fall festival and I have several assignments for school due Sunday so will have to watch on TV or listen on the radio. Wish I could be there.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.Ē Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

https://amp.argusleader.com/amp/2360...mpression=true Didn’t know where to put this but here is zimmers latest article. Really good piece and hopefully gives us all a bit more appreciation for Nelson. I don’t think anyone doubts that Gibbs has more potential and is probably even better at the current moment, but Nelson is a jackrabbit through and true and guys like him don’t come around very often

Quote Originally Posted by westernjack View Post
    https://amp.argusleader.com/amp/2360...mpression=true Didnít know where to put this but here is zimmers latest article. Really good piece and hopefully gives us all a bit more appreciation for Nelson. I donít think anyone doubts that Gibbs has more potential and is probably even better at the current moment, but Nelson is a jackrabbit through and true and guys like him donít come around very often
    I know people rail on Nelson, the 2 fumbles are the real issue and to me that's on the coaches having him run it in, Why not go to Daniels for those couple of yards. But his passing hasn't been that bad, he doesn't trust his eyes yet, but missing the throw in the endzone looks bad but I recall TC has missed some pretty easy throws also in his time here. Anyway with out Nelson we are playing back up freshman for a freshman so not that they cant be good or potentially better but Nelson worked his butt off to be here for a team and he got a couple starts for it. He has the most experience but needs to let the game slow down and it cant slow down in practice you need game reps for that to happen. Don't get me wrong I hope Gibbs is back because he needs the reps and is our best option, but don't fault Nelson. When your good everyone worries about the back up QB will struggle if the starter goes down, if your team or QB is struggling, everyone loves the back up QB. that's just perception.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.Ē Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.