Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SUU game week: BEEF BOWL

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    I will be at the Sanford International on Saturday but gave my tickets to someone
    I'm attending the golf in the morning and then heading to Brookings for tailgate and football. Could make for a long day, but should be fun.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      I'm attending the golf in the morning and then heading to Brookings for tailgate and football. Could make for a long day, but should be fun.
      I am thinking of doing the same, not sure how long I will stay at golf. I will definitely be at the game though.

Comment

Kids have a school fall festival and I have several assignments for school due Sunday so will have to watch on TV or listen on the radio. Wish I could be there.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

https://amp.argusleader.com/amp/2360...mpression=true Didn’t know where to put this but here is zimmers latest article. Really good piece and hopefully gives us all a bit more appreciation for Nelson. I don’t think anyone doubts that Gibbs has more potential and is probably even better at the current moment, but Nelson is a jackrabbit through and true and guys like him don’t come around very often

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
            https://amp.argusleader.com/amp/2360...mpression=true Didn’t know where to put this but here is zimmers latest article. Really good piece and hopefully gives us all a bit more appreciation for Nelson. I don’t think anyone doubts that Gibbs has more potential and is probably even better at the current moment, but Nelson is a jackrabbit through and true and guys like him don’t come around very often
            I know people rail on Nelson, the 2 fumbles are the real issue and to me that's on the coaches having him run it in, Why not go to Daniels for those couple of yards. But his passing hasn't been that bad, he doesn't trust his eyes yet, but missing the throw in the endzone looks bad but I recall TC has missed some pretty easy throws also in his time here. Anyway with out Nelson we are playing back up freshman for a freshman so not that they cant be good or potentially better but Nelson worked his butt off to be here for a team and he got a couple starts for it. He has the most experience but needs to let the game slow down and it cant slow down in practice you need game reps for that to happen. Don't get me wrong I hope Gibbs is back because he needs the reps and is our best option, but don't fault Nelson. When your good everyone worries about the back up QB will struggle if the starter goes down, if your team or QB is struggling, everyone loves the back up QB. that's just perception.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Weather is going to be close to ideal—a little breezy/windy but clear sky and nice temp for tailgating and the game.

Don’t let any morning showers discourage you from attending!

i expect the crowd to exceed 15,000 and the final score will show a three-TD cushion in favor of the Jacks.

Comment

I agree, but the fumbles are on him. The fumble against Drake was a read play, he decided to pull it so he could run it. Every run play SDSU does out of shot gun is a read play, unless it's jet sweep. The old days of get under center and a straight hand off are long gone (sadly). Nelson decided to not hand it to one of our 3 All American type backs and run it himself. He is responsible for the fumbles. Hoping for improvement from all this week!

Comment

Originally posted by centraljack90 View Post
                  I agree, but the fumbles are on him. The fumble against Drake was a read play, he decided to pull it so he could run it. Every run play SDSU does out of shot gun is a read play, unless it's jet sweep. The old days of get under center and a straight hand off are long gone (sadly). Nelson decided to not hand it to one of our 3 All American type backs and run it himself. He is responsible for the fumbles. Hoping for improvement from all this week!
                  No. That's on coaches for calling an rpo and it should be you hand the ball off in that situation. I dont blame him for trusting himself and calling his own number. He is a running qb so he is more the capable. It probably hurts more since he did it 2 weeks in a row and we should have scored both times. I am guessing coaches worked on ball security drills with him this week.

Comment

Originally posted by centraljack90 View Post
                    It happens with this system. J'Bore did the same thing that basically ended our chances against the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      It happens with this system. J'Bore did the same thing that basically ended our chances against the Gophers.
                      I think it's more an experience issue. I would imagine both will do much better with it in the future.

Comment

This is kind of a dumb debate, so I'm not going to get any more into the thick of it if I can help it, but Kanin's fumbles were straight fumbles with contact, while J'bore fumbled on a read exchange where he left it in the mesh point too long. Both fumbles were not good and need to be cleaned up. But I wanted to clarify that Kanin fumbled well after the read had been made, not on the mesh point. I think chalking his two fumbles up to "the system" is a stretch. Both need to have better ball security, but their turnovers were not the exact same.

Our quarterbacks are going too make mistakes this year, no doubt. And who knows, maybe Gibbs will make too many for too long and get benched. I highly doubt it though. He's going to throw more picks than we're used to seeing and probably fumble a few more times and take some bad sacks. But I think the good will substantially outweigh the bad by November.

I look forward to seeing the team play more focused tomorrow and hopefully see some improved QB and O line play, no matter who is back there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                          Projections for attendance this weekend? It looks like it'll be rainy in the mornine but will clear up by mid day. I'm guessing right around 14k for the Beef Bowl.
                          Quite the estimate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mr. Tibbs is a winner of a chicken dinner with his estimate of 14k, maybe the chicken dinner should be replaced with a bundle of beef.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Mr. Tibbs is a winner of a chicken dinner with his estimate of 14k, maybe the chicken dinner should be replaced with a bundle of beef.
                              In true team player fashion, I'd like to donate my bundle of beef back to Aramark so that they can offer a free bundle of beef for Hobo Day to get a few more fans to the game...

Seriously though, the 14k looked A LOT better on TV. I'm not sure if it was because there were 2.5k more fans, or just that those fans were filling in the east,side and corners better, but it looked so much better on TV than the previous games.

In my opinion, the realistic goals for attendance (assuming dry weather) should be:

Hobo Day: 17k+
                              USD in October for the next several years: 17k+
                              NDSU: 19k+
                              Beef Bowl: 16k+
                              Home Opener: 15k+
                              All other regular home games: 13k+
                              Playoff games: 10k+

Those are pretty attainable numbers, and really are just a bump of about 2 thousand per game compared to what we've been doing. If we have half of 6 home games each year at 15k or higher, we're on the right track, and it looks great on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                                In true team player fashion, I'd like to donate my bundle of beef back to Aramark so that they can offer a free bundle of beef for Hobo Day to get a few more fans to the game...

Seriously though, the 14k looked A LOT better on TV. I'm not sure if it was because there were 2.5k more fans, or just that those fans were filling in the east,side and corners better, but it looked so much better on TV than the previous games.

In my opinion, the realistic goals for attendance (assuming dry weather) should be:

Hobo Day: 17k+
                                USD in October for the next several years: 17k+
                                NDSU: 19k+
                                Beef Bowl: 16k+
                                Home Opener: 15k+
                                All other regular home games: 13k+
                                Playoff games: 10k+

Those are pretty attainable numbers, and really are just a bump of about 2 thousand per game compared to what we've been doing. If we have half of 6 home games each year at 15k or higher, we're on the right track, and it looks great on TV.
                                I think it's awesome they're playing USD earlier in the season, as you'd certainly hope that'd boost attendance.

They have camera pedestals on east side. I wonder how the TV view would compare if they replaced at least the west side camera prone to show sparse east side crowds with one on the east side. It could help reduce the detrimental crowd views and improve some replay angles. Unfortunately, I think the camera being exposed to the elements on east side might be one reason those camera options are used less frequently.

Comment

Working...
                                X