Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freshman Participation Tracker

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I think this might have been The case. Not typical of the Bison Program. For Mo St to hold NDSU to two second half tds, now gives me concern, They may be better than what everyone thinks. I had heard that SDSU team was busing to Springfield unless they raised something like 65K for a charter flight. Is the bus still on? If so we come into the game with a physical handicap or maybe we will be okay.
    No, the bus is not on. Stig said, in the Cubby's radio show, that Dana had paid for a charter flight for the team.
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
      No, the bus is not on. Stig said, in the Cubby's radio show, that Dana had paid for a charter flight for the team.
      This is good news

Comment

Wow, well done Mr. Dykhouse. Guy definitely cares a lot about the program

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
          Wow, well done Mr. Dykhouse. Guy definitely cares a lot about the program
          Dana Dykhouse has to be up there with Charles Coughlin. Coughlin bought the 1935 team new uniforms after they beat Wisconsin. This was at the height of the depression and money was tight. I digress, back to Freshman. If they are capable and ready, play them.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
            Reminder that true freshman can play in up to four games while still preserving a redshirt season. Feel free to contribute as the season progresses.

Quinton Hicks, DE - 10

Diamond Evans, CB - 9

Payton Shafer, LB - 7

Chase Norblade, Safety - 7

Jordan Gandy, DB - 6

Keaton Heide, QB - 5

Devin Blakely, RB - 4

Adam Bock, LB - 4
            It is crazy that this team is this good and is playing so many true freshmen. It just shows the uptick in recruiting. Hicks, Evans, Norblade, and Shafer look like stars. Heide has a very high ceiling. I've loved Blakely since he signed just haven't seen enough of him yet. Obviously the injury to Marshon and Ti'Jaih (and to a lesser extent DyShawn and Diamond) gave us no option but to play Gandy. Glad he got his first INT this past week and I think he'll be very good too. I'd be surprised if we saw Bock in any more games but he did play in our three biggest MVFC games so who knows! I think our lack of quality depth at linebacker and Levi Brown's injury is affecting this somewhat too.

The only correction, Blakely is only shown as having played in 2 games (LIU and UNI).
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              It is crazy that this team is this good and is playing so many true freshmen. It just shows the uptick in recruiting. Hicks, Evans, Norblade, and Shafer look like stars. Heide has a very high ceiling. I've loved Blakely since he signed just haven't seen enough of him yet. Obviously the injury to Marshon and Ti'Jaih (and to a lesser extent DyShawn and Diamond) gave us no option but to play Gandy. Glad he got his first INT this past week and I think he'll be very good too. I'd be surprised if we saw Bock in any more games but he did play in our three biggest MVFC games so who knows! I think our lack of quality depth at linebacker and Levi Brown's injury is affecting this somewhat too.

The only correction, Blakely is only shown as having played in 2 games (LIU and UNI).
              Thanks. I've noticed the box scores aren't always accurate when they're first posted. It's really amazing the early dividends we've been seeing from this class. Hicks is tied for the most sacks while splitting snaps and still learning the position, Diamond looks like a shutdown corner already, and Norblade, Shafer, and Heide have all shown flashes. Credit to Heide for showing this much promise after essentially being QB5 in spring ball. Really excited to see what Tucker Kraft can do in the future.

Comment

I think Dana does a lot behind the scenes we have no idea on. I had heard (a rumor) from a reliable source that he bought 2,000 tickets to the NDSU game to distribute to Jacks fans, strictly to get new fans into the stadium and to keep them out of the hands of NDSU fans.

Comment

Wow we had 5 True freshman Play this year this and made significant contribution because how talented there and not because we where short on depth. That is awesome hopefully we can 5 more next year.

I didn't include Heide because he was forced into action due to depth, But clearly he can play.
                  Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                  X