Freshman Participation Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshman Participation Tracker

Reminder that true freshman can play in up to four games while still preserving a redshirt season. Feel free to contribute as the season progresses.

Quinton Hicks, DE - 11

Diamond Evans, CB - 10

Payton Shafer, LB - 8

Chase Norblade, Safety - 8

Jordan Gandy, DB - 7

Keaton Heide, QB - 6

Adam Bock, LB - 4

Bo Donald, OL - 3

Devin Blakely, RB - 3

Graham Spalding, LB - 2

Michael Drotzmann, P - 2

Canyon Bauer, WR - 1

Tyson Strohbeen, OL - 1

Brady Beck, OL - 1

Baily Darnell, Safety - 1

Karst Hunter, QB - 1

Caden Johnson, DE - 1

Tucker Kraft, TE - 1
    Last edited by Project-Badass; 12-01-2019, 08:41 PM.

Re: Freshman Participation Tracker

Did I hear Stig mention they are pulling Hicks redshirt?

Or does anyone have any insight into who will maintain redshirt and who will have them pulled?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great thread - if you could add their positions to the list, that would be even better.

I have no insider knowledge on this but it seems pretty obvious that Hicks and Evans will not be redshirting. Seeing them play as many meaningful downs as we have so far this year already.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb, and say there's no way Diamond Evans keeps a redshirt. That kid is a baller.

Comment

Might be tough for both Evans and Hicks to hold their RS's. I'm ok with that, they along with many in this class can flat out play. A couple others I think might not keep them would be, Norblade, Darnell, Shafer and Gandy. Any RB injuries happen and Blakely gets his pulled too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            Might be tough for both Evans and Hicks to hold their RS's. I'm ok with that, they along with many in this class can flat out play. A couple others I think might not keep them would be, Norblade, Darnell, Shafer and Gandy. Any RB injuries happen and Blakely gets his pulled too.
            Stig said at Stater's Luncheon that Shafer will likely have his redshirt pulled since they don't have much depth at the LB position.

Comment

Against SUU:
              Diamond Evans
              Quinton Hicks
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                Against SUU:
                Diamond Evans
                Quinton Hicks
                Diamond got called for a defensive holding penalty on one play. I don’t recall exactly when was, but he no doubt is learning. I am sure this play will affect his grade, but Diamond will soon be household word.

Comment

I was a bit surprised to see only 2 true freshmen played the other night. Would have been a great time to get some reps for experience, but I'm guessing they will be a little more judicious so they can preserve redshirt status.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                    I was a bit surprised to see only 2 true freshmen played the other night. Would have been a great time to get some reps for experience, but I'm guessing they will be a little more judicious so they can preserve redshirt status.
                    That, and they can save them for later in the year when depth is a bigger issue. If you have some of your best freshmen with 2 or 3 games left for the rule by mid November, you're setting yourself up well to add depth heading into playoffs if it's needed.

Comment

Against SIU:
                      Diamond Evans
                      Jordan Gandy
                      Chase Norblade
                      Quinton Hicks

It sounds like Gandy will play up to 4 and kind of be the stop-gap until Marshon is back. Won't play alot but it is good experience.

Evans and Hicks are definetely not redshirting. If Norblade keeps making plays and providing tight coverage he won't either. He is damn good for a PWO.

Comment

Against SIU:
                        Diamond Evans
                        Jordan Gandy
                        Chase Norblade
                        Quinton Hicks

It sounds like Gandy will play up to 4 and kind of be the stop-gap until Marshon is back. Won't play alot but it is good experience.

Evans and Hicks are definetely not redshirting. If Norblade keeps making plays and providing tight coverage he won't either. He is damn good for a PWO.
                        Its hard to believe a PWO for Norblade. I found this article.

https://usatodayhss.com/2018/chase-n...d-td-on-friday

I would think he will soon be full ride. if the Nebraska PWO works like it did under Osborne, he would not likely see any scholarship money until his senior year.

Comment

I know it's been said before, but Diamond Evans does NOT look like a true freshman out there.

Both is size and stature (he's big for a corner), but in how he plays as well. Man, he looks good.

Comment

Against YSU:
                            Diamond Evans (started)- 2 tackles
                            Payton Shafer
                            Quinton Hicks- 1 sack
                            Tucker Kraft

IF Seven is out this week, Shafer and Graham Spalding will likely see the field. Thankfully Backhaus can play both olb positions and Levi Brown will move into the starting lineup.

Comment

Against YSU:
                              Diamond Evans (started)- 2 tackles
                              Payton Shafer
                              Quinton Hicks- 1 sack
                              Tucker Kraft

IF Seven is out this week, Shafer and Graham Spalding will likely see the field. Thankfully Backhaus can play both olb positions and Levi Brown will move into the starting lineup.
                              Did Kraft play offensive snaps or special teams? I know he is athletic but figured it would be such a transition playing 9 man running back to tight end that he wouldn't see the field this year

Comment

Working...
                              X