Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freshman Participation Tracker

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
    Did Kraft play offensive snaps or special teams? I know he is athletic but figured it would be such a transition playing 9 man running back to tight end that he wouldn't see the field this year
    No idea. I didn't see him out there but he's on the participation list on the box score. It is disappointing that Cavanaugh and Kunz can't fill the void left by Heinz injury.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      No idea. I didn't see him out there but he's on the participation list on the box score. It is disappointing that Cavanaugh and Kunz can't fill the void left by Heinz injury.
      When Cavanaugh was a freshman, he showed some flashes of being a factor as a receiver. Have injuries been an issue since then, or has he just not earned playing time ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        When Cavanaugh was a freshman, he showed some flashes of being a factor as a receiver. Have injuries been an issue since then, or has he just not earned playing time ?
        Kunz averaged over 17 yds per catch and totalled 343 yards receiving last year as a freshman. So far this year only 3 catches for 45 yards. I too, thought Cavanaugh showed great promise as a freshman. Certainly, physically, he appeared to have all the tools. Sorry for thread drift.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Last year he was injured for much of the year. Not sure about this year. Coach Schleusner had all good things to say about him and said he had stepped up as a leader and was really helping the younger guys.

Comment

Participation also had Drotzmann, Punter. I didn't see him out there. I wonder if the participation list was correct?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Participation also had Drotzmann, Punter. I didn't see him out there. I wonder if the participation list was correct?
              LOL yeah that must be an error. Jacks wouldn't waste a travel spot on a backup punter.. right???

Comment

LOL yeah that must be an error. Jacks wouldn't waste a travel spot on a backup punter.. right???
                Does he double as an OLB?

Stats on GoJacks also credit Winkelman in the kicking stats area.

Comment

I figured it was an error, but added him to the list anyways. Maybe he held a kick or something? I've had to edit the list a couple of times as some names have been removed from the box scores.

Comment

Indiana State:
                    Jordan Gandy
                    Devin Blakley- I didn't see him but he recorded a tackle. He has the ability to play DB so I wonder if we are using him there because of all the injuries or if he was just on Special Teams.
                    Payton Shafer
                    Chase Norblade- Good game!
                    Graham Spalding
                    Quinton Hicks- Great game!
                    Bo Donald

Comment

NDSU:
                      Diamond Evans- started and had an EXCELLENT game. He's going to be special to watch.
                      Keaton Heide- Took some moxy to keep the ball and score a TD. Will be interesting to see if J'Bore misses time, if the coaches go with Heide. I now my opinion.
                      Chase Norblade- Quickly becoming a staple in the defense. Subbed in for both Manchigiah and Griffin after they went down with seperate injuries.
                      Quinton Hicks- Ineffective this week in his pass rush. Did make a nice tackle coming across the formation.
                      Michael Drotzmann- again is listed... stats said he has 1 assisted tackle.
                      Payton Shafer- No stats. Just special teams.
                      Adam Bock- No stats. Just special teams.
                      Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 10-28-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

So Quinton Hicks, Diamond Evans, and Payton Shafer have all burned their red-shirt eligibility this year. It would appear that Chase Norblade will burn his after his next snap. Unless J'Bore's injury is long term and the pride of Mitchell doesn't learn how to pass at an effective rate, I expect Keaton Heide to keep his red-shirt.

Am I missing anyone else who could burn a year of eligibility?

Comment

Call me surprised if Heide isn't our starting QB until Gibbs is healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            Call me surprised if Heide isn't our starting QB until Gibbs is healthy.
                            You got it, unless we play a team that can’t stop the run. Nelson has three years learning the play book. I am still bothered by the 22-0 Mo St at NDSU score. It implies Mo St stopped NDSU run game in the second half or did the Bison empty the bench at half time??

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              You got it, unless we play a team that can’t stop the run. Nelson has three years learning the play book. I am still bothered by the 22-0 Mo St at NDSU score. It implies Mo St stopped NDSU run game in the second half or did the Bison empty the bench at half time??
                              It was 8-0 Bison at half time, so no, they didn't clear the bench. I'm sure there was a bit of overlook going on with our game the following week. And the fact they were 40 point favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                It was 8-0 Bison at half time, so no, they didn't clear the bench. I'm sure there was a bit of overlook going on with our game the following week. And the fact they were 40 point favorites.
                                I think this might have been The case. Not typical of the Bison Program. For Mo St to hold NDSU to two second half tds, now gives me concern, They may be better than what everyone thinks. I had heard that SDSU team was busing to Springfield unless they raised something like 65K for a charter flight. Is the bus still on? If so we come into the game with a physical handicap or maybe we will be okay.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 10-29-2019, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X