Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drake Game Week

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    I'd think Jaxon and Jake Aanderud would fit in there too. Geez, think if Sam Zenner still was on the team.
    Isiah Hill last year, wasn't he one of the faster guys on the team? Was bummed he left, I know we have a lot of play makers, but would he seemed to have some wheels along with Campbell. Hopefully Deyon can get more touches his way. we have the depth lets spread it around.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Another tread someone mentioned because it was an drake home game they picked the time. To bad it's not evening game. Then I might have a chance to go but work till 5. Just DVR it and watch it after work for me.
      I was thinking that, if I was Drake I'd want the chance to get home by midnight. Another factor on game time might have been the Presidents Bowl in SXF. I believe all 4 "big" SXF schools are playing. First game is at 3:30 with the second one at 7 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        He's out. They hope to have him back vs SUU. However, if he's not ready they won't put him out there.
        I was listening to Dan Patrick this morning and after commercials they reported on local sports. She mentioned that Gibbs may or may not be back this week, but that Stig was quoted saying it's not a serious injury.

Comment

Looks like the JWC is going to have an outdoor practice at 10am Saturday north of the SJAC. Will have prizes and giveaways and possibly Tanner wrestling three of the coaches.

Comment

I have no idea if cheaper tickets would make a big difference in attendance long term, but I can tell you it made a difference for me this week. I just picked up tickets for my wife and two young daughters - none of which have been to a SDSU football game. I would not have brought the whole crew if each cost me $40. The girls will be in cheerleader outfits in the front row on what looks like an awesome 75-degree afternoon. If they make it to halftime I’ll call it a win!

Comment

No live chat this week?
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                No live chat this week?
                Its usually on thursday

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  No live chat this week?
                  Aren't they usually on Thursday ?

Comment

FWIW... Matt Connors is not listed on the game notes roster but is still listed on the gojacks.com roster.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                      Its usually on thursday
                      Thanks. Usd beat said live chat was cancelled today and I confused myself.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Per a Zimmer tweet, QB Matt Connors has left the football team.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Per a Zimmer tweet, QB Matt Connors has left the football team.
                          Too bad about Connors, but it makes sense now that Heide has passed him on the depth chart.

I think if he decides to go that direction, a D2 program may end up with a very good QB.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            Too bad about Connors, but it makes sense now that Heide has passed him on the depth chart.

I think if he decides to go that direction, a D2 program may end up with a very good QB.
                            Sounds like he had some health issues in the spring/summer that set him back and dropped him on the depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

I'm pretty sure the coaches all knew what he was planning which is why he was "passed" by a true freshman. Connors was seriously competing for the starting role with Gibbs. He's a good QB but would never get to play here. I could see him going to another FCS school and sitting a year. He'd be worth the wait for any school. I could also see him taking the JUCO route. Play right away and get some good offers to play two more years at a D1 program.
                              Rollin' in my 5.0
                              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Sounds like he had some health issues in the spring/summer that set him back and dropped him on the depth chart.
                                I read this somewhere too, maybe here, if it is true and mono, then I think he may have to hang the pads up for a long while and maybe for good. Best wishes for Matt.

Comment

Working...
                                X