Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: LIU Sharks

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Too bad we don’t have an equipped X-ray truck and don’t have wait until tomorrow to find out s.the bad news. Walking with a limp does on surface seem encouraging, but only the X-ray machine knows.
    Hopefully, just a twisted knee, where things in the knee region just got stretched a little and were not ripped or torn, and will heal up rather quickly.....no medical expertise here , just hoping it's not real serious.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Hopefully, just a twisted knee, where things in the knee region just got stretched a little and were not ripped or torn, and will heal up rather quickly.....no medical expertise here , just hoping it's not real serious.
      I watched a trainer/doctor push around and kinda work and massage his knee cap area. He then proceeded to work around on the backside of the knee in the same fashion. Cade never really appeared to react to any of this. He had his helmet on the whole time though.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        10,103 attendance.
        I guess my guess of 8000 was low.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Too bad we don’t have an equipped X-ray truck and don’t have wait until tomorrow to find out s.the bad news. Walking with a limp does on surface seem encouraging, but only the X-ray machine knows.
          I thought that Sanford Health had an X-ray machine in the SJAC?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Attendance of more than 10,100 wasn't bad for a cool, rainy night against an unfamiliar opponent. Rain had been forecast for game time most of the week. That, no doubt, discouraged a lot of people from making the trip to Brookings.
            This space for lease.

Comment

I thought that Sanford Health had an X-ray machine in the SJAC?
              Wouldn't a knee injury require an MRI ?

Comment

Sounds like some kind of knee/leg injury on the opening 2nd half kickoff.
                Yep. Missed it. Was waiting for hot chocolate. Not going to complain about that now.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

There is a Sanford Clinic connected to athletic training room in SJAC. A Sanford X-ray technician is staffed on game days. But there is no MRI.
                  Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 09-07-2019, 09:59 PM. Reason: On second thought there is no MRI.

Comment

LIU didn't do much on offense, but it had a solid defense. Of course, the Jacks' defense was really solid. Nelson had a bad fumble, but he looked OK for his debut. I'm guessing that we'll see him again next week. I don't think broken fingers typically heal in only two weeks.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      LIU didn't do much on offense, but it had a solid defense. Of course, the Jacks' defense was really solid. Nelson had a bad fumble, but he looked OK for his debut. I'm guessing that we'll see him again next week. I don't think broken fingers typically heal in only two weeks.
                      Saying Nelson looked OK is putting it nicely imo. I thought he looked really uncomfortable. Maybe that was because it was his first start, but he's not a freshman, he's at home vs. an inferior opponent. If he's not comfortable in that atmosphere, when will he be comfortable? Against a better defense he would have had at least 2 INTs.

Why did Eck keep calling QB runs with Nelson? I mean running might be Nelson's strongest attribute, but if you're going to run the ball, I feel like we have other people more qualified. Speaking of other people more qualified, why didn't we see Connors tonight? I thought for sure after Nelson looked shaky we would see Connors, but then Heide comes in? Very confused by that move. Interested to see if Heide won that job or if there's another reason Connors didn't play.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        There is a Sanford Clinic connected to athletic training room in SJAC. A Sanford X-ray technician is staffed on game days. But there is no MRI.
                        Thank you, I don’t have a clue about these things. I did not know about Sanford setup.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                          perhaps, what is that ticket price that will fill the stands? not so sure that ticket price is making such a big difference, perhaps a few hundred "fans", but not thousands in my view.
                          Oklahoma was charging $58 for a one day ppv pass to watch them destroy the yotes.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylN9hlntKpg

Here is LIU Coach. Very humble and very complimentary.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Saying Nelson looked OK is putting it nicely imo. I thought he looked really uncomfortable. Maybe that was because it was his first start, but he's not a freshman, he's at home vs. an inferior opponent. If he's not comfortable in that atmosphere, when will he be comfortable? Against a better defense he would have had at least 2 INTs.

Why did Eck keep calling QB runs with Nelson? I mean running might be Nelson's strongest attribute, but if you're going to run the ball, I feel like we have other people more qualified. Speaking of other people more qualified, why didn't we see Connors tonight? I thought for sure after Nelson looked shaky we would see Connors, but then Heide comes in? Very confused by that move. Interested to see if Heide won that job or if there's another reason Connors didn't play.
                              Nelson had a great deal riding on this game and I would look uncomfortable too, if I were in his shoes. Yes he did make mistakes from which he will no doubt learn. Lets hope that Gibbs and Caleb are both back next week.

Comment

Woof! That's about all I can say. The O-line completely laid an egg tnight .. hardly any running room tonight. After last week I thought the Jacks would rush for 300+. Give credit to LIU, they came out fired up on D, they gave a very solid effort, but that doesnt excuse our O-line play. Not sure why we tried to run our backup QB like we did, still scratching my head about that. When it comes to playing Heide over Connors, I have a source that said once fall camp started, Connors fell off big time. Not sure how true that is, but it would certainly explain why he didn't see time tonight..

Comment

Working...
                                X