X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: LIU Sharks

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    I want to see more Quinton Hicks.
    yeah he definitely looks like the real deal. Be very interesting to see how the coaches handle him, try to preserve the redshirt or let him play more than the 4 games

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Lets hope we can do this against NDSU. It would be a total surprise. How long is a zenner again?
      About four yards or four years in the NFL, take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
        About four yards or four years in the NFL, take your pick.
        What a insult that was. I have not forgotten. Kolpeck and Dom should know better, but I suppose they could not resist.

Comment

Did a second rewatch (just the first half) and am trying to figure out what was going on with the OL.

Matt Clark and Eddie Miller were terrible and allowed penetration on most plays. Kanin pretty consistently had someone in his face. His incompletion to Adam Anderson was because he had someone in his face. His long completion to Cade was underthrown because he got crushed. He may not be a D1 QB but our OL didn't play like a D1 OL.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            Did a second rewatch (just the first half) and am trying to figure out what was going on with the OL.

Matt Clark and Eddie Miller were terrible and allowed penetration on most plays. Kanin pretty consistently had someone in his face. His incompletion to Adam Anderson was because he had someone in his face. His long completion to Cade was underthrown because he got crushed. He may not be a D1 QB but our OL didn't play like a D1 OL.
            Credit to the LIU D line. They were definitely undersized, but they used their speed to their advantage and our big guys had trouble with their DL staying low and getting by them quickly. From what I could tell, either adjustments were made, or their DL just couldn't keep that up the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Credit to the LIU D line. They were definitely undersized, but they used their speed to their advantage and our big guys had trouble with their DL staying low and getting by them quickly. From what I could tell, either adjustments were made, or their DL just couldn't keep that up the whole game.
              I think I need to stop watching it. My evaluation keeps getting worse on the rewatch. haha

Also, Caleb Sanders is on his way to becoming one of my favorite players! NW IOWA POWER
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                I think I need to stop watching it. My evaluation keeps getting worse on the rewatch. haha

Also, Caleb Sanders is on his way to becoming one of my favorite players! NW IOWA POWER
                I have definitely seen a pattern with these big kids with wrestling backgrounds having success. We definitely going after these recruits and its working. Stig has always loved multi sport athletes.
                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Minor rant, but can't our conference do a little more research on our game from Saturday. On the MVFC website they refer to our opponent as LI Post and use the Long Island Brooklyn Blackhawks logo. They changed their name and logo back in May.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                    Minor rant, but can't our conference do a little more research on our game from Saturday. On the MVFC website they refer to our opponent as LI Post and use the Long Island Brooklyn Blackhawks logo. They changed their name and logo back in May.
                    The MVFC, as an organization, leaves a lot to be desired. Their social media/marketing/etc. aren't great. I also think we're the only D1 conference in America that hosts their annual media days via telephone...

Comment

This is because the MVFC is an afterthought to the MVC. It is a basketball conference that happens to do football on the side.

Comment

• GDT: LIU Sharks

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        This is because the MVFC is an afterthought to the MVC. It is a basketball conference that happens to do football on the side.
                        The MVFC is not affiliated to the MVC in any way, let alone run by it, outside of having members who play their Olympic sports in the MVC. It’s actually its own separate conference, who shares a commissioner with the Pioneer League (less than ideal IMO). But my point is it doesn’t matter that the MVFC is an afterthought to the MVC because the only control or power the MVC has over the MVFC is through its members in other sports. It doesn’t run the MVFC. The name change was a bad idea IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                          The MVFC is not affiliated to the MVC in any way, let alone run by it, outside of having members who play their Olympic sports in the MVC. It’s actually its own separate conference, who shares a commissioner with the Pioneer League (less than ideal IMO). But my point is it doesn’t matter that the MVFC is an afterthought to the MVC because the only control or power the MVC has over the MVFC is through its members in other sports. It doesn’t run the MVFC. The name change was a bad idea IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Is this supposed to be purple font? Not sure if it was or not...

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                            Is this supposed to be purple font? Not sure if it was or not...
                            It's not a purple font.

The MVFC is not associated with the MVC and they are separate conferences.
                            2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedYellow View Post
                              It's not a purple font.

der Seufzer

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedYellow View Post
                                It's not a purple font.

Not associated? I'd say, IMHO, that basically the same people running both conferences is definitely associated at a fairly significant level.

(I deleted some of the personal contact info but it's fairly easily findable on mvc-sports.com and valley-football.com

Missouri Valley Conference
                                1818 Chouteau Ave.
                                St. Louis, Missouri 63103
                                Main Phone: 314-444-4300
                                Fax: 314-444-4333
                                Commissioner (
                                Senior Associate Commissioner
                                Associate Commissioner (PR Contact: MBB / FB / GOLF)
                                Associate Commissioner for Institutional Services

Missouri Valley Football Conference
                                1818 Chouteau Ave.
                                St. Louis, MO 63103
                                (314) 444-4360
                                FAX (314) 444-4361
                                Staff
                                Patty Viverito, Commissioner
                                Mike Kern, Associate Commissioner
                                Greg Walter, Associate Commissioner
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...