Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: LIU Sharks

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    Well I have a bold strategy. Sell cheaper tickets and fill every seat. Then you will have quite the atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good luck with that. IMO they are maximizing $ this way. I find it hard to give tickets away!

Comment

Can we please save Cade for a more important time to return kickoffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
        Can we please save Cade for a more important time to return kickoffs!
        Stig just said he doesn’t know if Johnson’s injury is serious but that Cade “is really concerned.” Not good

Comment

yah, that could be season defining

Comment

agree, i think they understand the balance between $ and numbers of fans. it's up to us fans to decide if it's worth it to be part of the experience

Comment

10,103 attendance.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

What happened to cade. I missed it
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  What happened to cade. I missed it
                  Sounds like some kind of knee/leg injury on the opening 2nd half kickoff.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                    perhaps, what is that ticket price that will fill the stands? not so sure that ticket price is making such a big difference, perhaps a few hundred "fans", but not thousands in my view.
                    If the revenue remains the same, common sense says get more people cheering in the stands, empty seats do no good.Of course, the revenue gained has to be equal or greater selling tickets cheaper,......but with cold weather approaching, you know how cold affects attendance , unless it's a really big game.I wish someone could develop some kind of magic formula to ticket pricing that is guaranteed to produce the best revenue stream from ticket sales.More people in the stands makes for a better game experience, which helps ticket sales , so, that's a side benefit with putting more butts in the stands vs leaving them empty.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      If the revenue remains the same, common sense says get more people cheering in the stands, empty seats do no good.
                      What you need to do to increase attendance, in addition to putting the team on the field that people want to watch and upgrading the game day experience, is just absolutely blanketing Sioux Falls with promotional advertising. Ideally, you wouldn't be able to turn around (or throw a dead Viking/Coyote) without seeing an SDSU Athletics ad.

This is however rather expensive (as are putting successful teams on the field and upgrading the game day experience).
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                        Good luck with that. IMO they are maximizing $ this way. I find it hard to give tickets away!
                        I’ll take the tickets anytime. My broke bum ain’t making any other game than the drake one next weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Sounds like some kind of knee/leg injury on the opening 2nd half kickoff.
                          It was the right knee/knee area. We sit right behind the Jacks bench and without a doubt Cade was extremely upset/nervous about it. However, he was walking around without any real apparent signs of a limp, except when they iced him up and taped it on. Mike Struck kinda downplayed the injury in the postgame as well. Not sure if any of that means anything but that is what I observed.

Comment

maybe reducing prices makes a differerence, but i really doubt even reducing tickets 25% (?) is made up by the equivenelant number of fans. as far as the quality of product on the field, you cannot find better quality players or play in South Dakota, not even close. i think we are searching for excuses.
                            Regional college football just isn't as big a priority as local high school sports (their own kids) in South Dakota. Most people still like to associate with "big" schools for some reason, even if they have no real connection with the Nebraska's, Iowa's, ... of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                              It was the right knee/knee area. We sit right behind the Jacks bench and without a doubt Cade was extremely upset/nervous about it. However, he was walking around without any real apparent signs of a limp, except when they iced him up and taped it on. Mike Struck kinda downplayed the injury in the postgame as well. Not sure if any of that means anything but that is what I observed.
                              Too bad we don’t have an equipped X-ray truck and don’t have wait until tomorrow to find out s.the bad news. Walking with a limp does on surface seem encouraging, but only the X-ray machine knows.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                                maybe reducing prices makes a differerence, but i really doubt even reducing tickets 25% (?) is made up by the equivenelant number of fans. as far as the quality of product on the field, you cannot find better quality players or play in South Dakota, not even close. i think we are searching for excuses.
                                Regional college football just isn't as big a priority as local high school sports (their own kids) in South Dakota. Most people still like to associate with "big" schools for some reason, even if they have no real connection with the Nebraska's, Iowa's, ... of the world.
                                Agreed. And season tickets are available for $125, which averages out to less than $18 per game. Which includes Hobo Day and the NDSU game.

Comment

Working...
                                X