Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: LIU Sharks

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Wow. This thread is officially off the rails.
    i agree. Let’s keep this thread focused on the LIU game.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      I'm almost certain the one administrator I saw on their sideline was their AD (Dr. Martinov), if you wanted to ask via email.
      Using your ljink I went to LIU website and to look at the staff, and by the size of the staff, they were more prepared to move to FCS than SDSU was 15 years ago.,With combining campuses, they most likely combined staffs. Their football field though small is very well equipped with suites. I bet Leerfiedl will soon be working for them in getting corporate sponsorships. Being in a metro area, you have great deal of competition for new fans. I am sure the administrators got a good tour of Dana. I bet they were talking future plans on the way home including hosting SDSU some day. When I first heard that LIU was on the schedule, I thought we were nuts in playing them, but without looking at their website, you dont know anything about them. They will do well in football as long they hold on to this coach who looks to have found his final job.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
        One instance where we agree.

Here's an idea -- if you're one of the "Splitting Hares" folks (as I thought you were), how about coordinating with UPD to devote a portion of your bye week podcast to discussing a ride-a-long you did to enlighten listeners about what the "rent-a-cops" have to deal with during their shifts. You might find that one or two of them are Jacks fans who enjoy Jackrabbit athletics too.

Obviously, it won't directly cover a crowd control experience you could observe, but it might help humanize a segment of the university.

Full disclosure: I'm approaching this debate as a person who did ride-a-longs as a part of undergrad. coursework and was an instructor of undergrads at SDSU who experienced how some like to question authority in an attempt to gain favor with/attention of peers.
        Sounds interesting and fun, but JI doesn't pay well enough to devote that much time to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylN9hlntKpg

Here is LIU Coach. Very humble and very complimentary.
          Class Act.

I will be cheering for his program from afar. Wow. That is a solid, genuine, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
            https://twitter.com/argusleader/stat...375159809?s=21

So this is who we have policing our tailgates. With K-9 units. Which is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I wasn't there, so I'm not going to get into who was right or wrong. Regardless... NOT a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Attendance of more than 10,100 wasn't bad for a cool, rainy night against an unfamiliar opponent. Rain had been forecast for game time most of the week. That, no doubt, discouraged a lot of people from making the trip to Brookings.
              Agreed. No one likes to sit out in the rain. Some will do it anyway but no one likes it.

Comment

Attendance of more than 10,100 wasn't bad for a cool, rainy night against an unfamiliar opponent. Rain had been forecast for game time most of the week. That, no doubt, discouraged a lot of people from making the trip to Brookings.
                I agree. 2 other things that I think played into lack of attendance could have been
                1. Lose to Minnesota- a lot of people watched that game on tv and saw us literally give away a game we should have won. Even though we played very good, it leaves people with thoughts that this is going to be the same type of team we've had in the past. Really good but still not going to get over the hump in big games
                2. Gibbs being out. There are also a lot of people that were really excited to see our new star qb in action and when he was questionable early in the week and ruled out on game-day I'm sure some people were disappointed that they were going to be watching a backup junior playing against a transitional opponent we have no history at all with

Comment

The replay of the LIU coach's post-game comments definitely are worth a listen. Sometimes we Jackrabbit fans take for granted how impressive SDSU's football program has become at the D-1 level in a relatively short time. I'm guessing it won't be long before we see LIU ranked high and in the playoffs every year.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                    I agree. 2 other things that I think played into lack of attendance could have been
                    1. Lose to Minnesota- a lot of people watched that game on tv and saw us literally give away a game we should have won. Even though we played very good, it leaves people with thoughts that this is going to be the same type of team we've had in the past. Really good but still not going to get over the hump in big games
                    2. Gibbs being out. There are also a lot of people that were really excited to see our new star qb in action and when he was questionable early in the week and ruled out on game-day I'm sure some people were disappointed that they were going to be watching a backup junior playing against a transitional opponent we have no history at all with
                    I'll agree with your first point. I heard that from many many people.

I'll disagree on your second post. Most fans had no idea Gibbs wasn't playing or that he was even questionable. No media besides Ross Uglum with the Bison Report even reported it. Zim confirmed it in his live chat but only us diehards really hang out on that thing.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

The replay of the LIU coach's post-game comments definitely are worth a listen. Sometimes we Jackrabbit fans take for granted how impressive SDSU's football program has become at the D-1 level in a relatively short time. I'm guessing it won't be long before we see LIU ranked high and in the playoffs every year.
                      LIU is going to do well in the NEC. They really impressed me and with a stable coaching staff, they will do well.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

geez just how big is the UPD? rent a cops? former cops? who are they? as for me after 25+ years in law enforcement on the federal level and doing resort security the past 3 yrs my opinion is the police should not confront people with a heavy handed presence. more problems are caused by the cops who work with attitudes. maintain a presence where you can be seen but only interact when there is a problem. don't be the one who starts it. be in the back ground let people enjoy themselves but be alert for trouble and when you interact dont be the heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Sounds interesting and fun, but JI doesn't pay well enough to devote that much time to it.
                          Well, then you'd also have relatively low pay in common with UPD, so you could really walk a mile in their shoes.

Comment

Some excellent videos being produced.
                            https://twitter.com/gojacksfb/status...816234497?s=21

If you don’t want to come and watch this defense in person that is your own fault and I feel sorry for you. ��

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

If you don’t want to come and watch this defense in person that is your own fault and I feel sorry for you. ��
                              I want to see more Quinton Hicks.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Lets hope we can do this against NDSU. It would be a total surprise. How long is a zenner again?

Comment

Working...
                                X