Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: LIU Sharks

Default Re: GDT: LIU Sharks

There was a nice throw to Kunz. He was wide open

The attendance is disappointing. Anybody hear a number yet? Student section looked solid at least. But can we talk about the ticket prices? $27 was the cheapest tickets available. Tough to get families to come to a game when itís going to cost 100+
    I expect to see a big crown next weekend with the lower ticket prices. I know they are giving a free ticket to any senior that comes to campus in the morning for senior day. I also know our local church is taking a youth group to the game, thatís only possible because of the lower ticket prices! I just want to know how the athletic department decides prices because at some point you have to make less money on each seat and fill every seat. It works both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by salemjack View Post
    The attendance is disappointing. Anybody hear a number yet? Student section looked solid at least. But can we talk about the ticket prices? $27 was the cheapest tickets available. Tough to get families to come to a game when itís going to cost 100+
    I expect to see a big crown next weekend with the lower ticket prices. I know they are giving a free ticket to any senior that comes to campus in the morning for senior day. I also know our local church is taking a youth group to the game, thatís only possible because of the lower ticket prices! I just want to know how the athletic department decides prices because at some point you have to make less money on each seat and fill every seat. It works both ways.

The cost for a ticket could be justified if there was an actual game day experience. Why pay that kind of money for a family when you can just watch it at home? You have to make game day a destination for people...it just isnt that at the moment.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Get well soon Mr. Gibbs!

agree to disagree. The fans are what help to make the experience, those who sit on their hands (or couch) are just as responsible for the environment or lack there of.

Well I have a bold strategy. Sell cheaper tickets and fill every seat. Then you will have quite the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by salemjack View Post
    Also out today.

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...883173888?s=21

According to Stig's postgame interview on Midco, some of the missing were suspension related.

Gibbs needs to get healthy ASAP. That was ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

I can see why Gibbs won the job. We need him. Not against Drake but would be nice for him to get reps.

perhaps, what is that ticket price that will fill the stands? not so sure that ticket price is making such a big difference, perhaps a few hundred "fans", but not thousands in my view.