X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackrabbit Illustrated (football edition): The SDSUFans Thread

What to Watch: ISU
    https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...watch-isu.html
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Saturday needs to get here so the Jacks can get the taste of defeat out of their mouths. Here is what you need to know about the opponent, the UNI Panthers. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...hern-iowa.html

Comment

USD Preview: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...th-dakota.html

Comment

Podcast out today is really good. The discussion is Minnesota FB recruiting: https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrt...rgstrom-edhf33

Comment

Here is the 2021 Spring Season preview of the offense: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...w-offense.html

Comment

Jack Illustrated, do you go to practices? Bo Donald is still recovering from surgery isn't he? It was a pretty serious neck surgery if I'm not mistaken? It seem like we have too many QB's (which is never an issue) but the QB room may look different after this spring. There's no way we have 3 caliber starters and they are going to be happy being the 2nd or 3rd string. Guess its a good problem to have.

Comment

Here is the 2021 Spring Season preview of the defense: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...w-defense.html

Comment

Originally posted by centraljack90 View Post
                  Jack Illustrated, do you go to practices? Bo Donald is still recovering from surgery isn't he? It was a pretty serious neck surgery if I'm not mistaken? It seem like we have too many QB's (which is never an issue) but the QB room may look different after this spring. There's no way we have 3 caliber starters and they are going to be happy being the 2nd or 3rd string. Guess its a good problem to have.
                  No, I don't anymore. I used to when I worked at SDSU. I interview the coaches now and study the film that is available. This is the fourth football season I've been covering the team so I have pretty good rapport with the coaches.

In terms of Donald, I'm trusting the coaches who said he has looked very good so far.
                  Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 02-11-2021, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Preview of UNI: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...i-preview.html

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      Looking forward to the game. Thanks for the preview.

Hopefully the Jacks surprise them, and it's not as close as the prediction.

I'm thinking a Backhaus pick 6 might occur

Comment

I think UNI lost a lot this off season and weren't super impressive last season to begin with. Their offense was fairly mediocre and really only put together two good drives in the playoff game last season, which was enough to win it. That being said, I have my doubts that our offense is ready to put up 24 points against a top 10 defense. Crowd won't be a huge factor, but this is still going to be a tough one. PSJ didn't play in either game last year if I recall correctly, so that may have an impact.

I see this as a low scoring game and I'd be highly surprised if either team broke 24. I feel like of the Jacks lose this game, it's going to be around 17-6. If it's a win, I think it'll be around 14 to 10. It's the first game, so maybe defenses won't be up to mid-season form and both teams will move the ball well, but I dont see it. My guess is it will be an ugly game with a frustrating lack of offense and the team that makes more mistakes in the 4th is going to lose the game at the end. Similar to the playoff game, but hopefully the Jacks are on top this time.

Now watch us win go win it 48-35.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                          I think UNI lost a lot this off season and weren't super impressive last season to begin with. Their offense was fairly mediocre and really only put together two good drives in the playoff game last season, which was enough to win it. That being said, I have my doubts that our offense is ready to put up 24 points against a top 10 defense. Crowd won't be a huge factor, but this is still going to be a tough one. PSJ didn't play in either game last year if I recall correctly, so that may have an impact.

I see this as a low scoring game and I'd be highly surprised if either team broke 24. I feel like of the Jacks lose this game, it's going to be around 17-6. If it's a win, I think it'll be around 14 to 10. It's the first game, so maybe defenses won't be up to mid-season form and both teams will move the ball well, but I dont see it. My guess is it will be an ugly game with a frustrating lack of offense and the team that makes more mistakes in the 4th is going to lose the game at the end. Similar to the playoff game, but hopefully the Jacks are on top this time.

Now watch us win go win it 48-35.
                          I think this game begins the process of "dulling the shine" on McElvain, and who better than a Krolikowski-Ogunrinde tandem to do that

Comment

Horrible spot!

Comment

B-Team Championship week Pod: spotifyanchor-web.app.link/e/edVZzBKzjwb

Comment

A Team Championship week Pod: spotifyanchor-web.app.link/e/JlLyJBWigwb

Comment

Working...
                                X