Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: 2019 USD Defense

Default Re: 2019 USD Defense

Good topic on future head coach. However, we haven't had that much snow for this kind of drift.

USD's defense sucks!

I think USD is going to get the snot kicked out of them today. NDSU hasn’t played a perfect game and may not today but I think they’ll crush the USD defense.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherHole View Post
    Good topic on future head coach. However, we haven't had that much snow for this kind of drift.

USD's defense sucks!
    Fast & Furious: Vermillion Drift, a story of how unexpected heroes are asked to salvage a faltering franchise (with possible cameos by Jimmy Rogers and/or Brian Bergstrom)??

I've been asked to attend the Jacks' game next week. Anyone have tips for surviving a trip to the 'Dome?

Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    I think USD is going to get the snot kicked out of them today. NDSU hasn’t played a perfect game and may not today but I think they’ll crush the USD defense.
    This is perhaps the only time I'll root for 'Yotes, and yes, I'll be rooting for Salukis next week.

Quote Originally Posted by jakejc795 View Post
    This is perhaps the only time I'll root for 'Yotes, and yes, I'll be rooting for Salukis next week.
    I will not be rooting for the Yotes. However, I will be rooting against the Bizzun. I guess that might be splitting...hares.....
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

To clarify: I wasn't picking which team I wanted to win. I was just taking a stab at how I thought it would turn out. While at the Dykhouse Stadium for the fabulous game against a good UNI team, I recorded the USD v. NDSU game so I have the option of watching it. Not sure I want to take the time and likely will not. Had it been closer, I might think about watching the replay. USD's defense is poorly conceived and poorly carried out. Think about how that team must feel being the testbed for whether a new wrinkle on defense that worked at the DIII level, may work at the DI level.

Quote Originally Posted by SoDakJack View Post
    I will not be rooting for the Yotes. However, I will be rooting against the Bizzun. I guess that might be splitting...hares.....
    Fair point. I'll always root against the Bison

To clarify: I wasn't picking which team I wanted to win. I was just taking a stab at how I thought it would turn out. While at the Dykhouse Stadium for the fabulous game against a good UNI team, I recorded the USD v. NDSU game so I have the option of watching it. Not sure I want to take the time and likely will not. Had it been closer, I might think about watching the replay. USD's defense is poorly conceived and poorly carried out. Think about how that team must feel being the testbed for whether a new wrinkle on defense that worked at the DIII level, may work at the DI level.
    Just hoping their frustration doesn't result in them injuring Jacks next week

Quote Originally Posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Just hoping their frustration doesn't result in them injuring Jacks next week
    I'm concerned about that, too. (I don't think it's likely but I didn't think I'd see a former #1 NFL draft pick whack an opposing quarterback with his own helmet!)