2019 USD Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 USD Defense

Coyotes lose to Western Illinois, 38-34.
    Maybe USD should spend $25 million on the law school building rather than on the Dakota Dome. Then fewer fans would have to suffer through Coyote football games.
    Last edited by Jacked_Up; 11-02-2019, 04:17 PM.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Has to be extra sweet for the Leathernecks (both players and fans) after Bob bailed on them. USD can't buy out 4 years of Bob can they ?

Comment

So funny. They thought they'd be right in the hunt for the playoffs this year.

The thing that makes me worry... late hits and personal fouls in the game coming up.

Remember the targeting call last year? When the guys on the sideline were holding his arm up? They've gotten a few late hit and unsportsmanlike penalties this year on TD's and Extra Points too. I'm worried about playing them end of the season, and they have nothing to play for.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Has to be extra sweet for the Leathernecks (both players and fans) after Bob bailed on them. USD can't buy out 4 years of Bob can they ?
          I think about million bucks would do it.

Comment

I don't think the head coach matters with the culture down there.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
              I don't think the head coach matters with the culture down there.
              Their head coach is responsible for their culture. They have been an undisciplined football team for a while now and he has allowed it.

Comment

I saw on twitter that usd is 3-23 in November games since 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  I saw on twitter that usd is 3-23 in November games since 2012.
                  I'll confess to hoping they upset Bison and get thumped by Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                    I'll confess to hoping they upset Bison and get thumped by Jacks.
                    I dont think we want that to happen. Id rather see the Bison win out and if they are going to lose, not lose to usd. I dont ever cheer for usd in anything for any reason.

Comment

When Bob Nielson was hired in 2015 he was given a nice salary and a multi-year contract. The salary was significantly higher than Stig's. Because of that, Stig got a nice increase. As for the multi-year contract, until Nielson was hired no coach had a multi-year contract within the South Dakota public higher education system. The offer to Nielson was made without prior full Board of Regents approval. That caused heartburn for many, especially for those schools who played by the regent's rules. USD has a bit of a mess on its hands right now, and frankly, I'm enjoying it.

Comment

I continue to be amazed that USD fans believe that the fact that they have only 6 South Dakota players on their entire roster has no effect on the culture of their program.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                          When Bob Nielson was hired in 2015 he was given a nice salary and a multi-year contract. The salary was significantly higher than Stig's. Because of that, Stig got a nice increase. As for the multi-year contract, until Nielson was hired no coach had a multi-year contract within the South Dakota public higher education system. The offer to Nielson was made without prior full Board of Regents approval. That caused heartburn for many, especially for those schools who played by the regent's rules. USD has a bit of a mess on its hands right now, and frankly, I'm enjoying it.
                          This is quite the angle I never thought about. USD offered this guy a multi-year contract when it wasn’t legal in the state and he’s terrible and they all want him gone. Oof...that’s bad. I guess it could be worse.....wait no it can’t! They’re terrible!
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            I dont think we want that to happen. Id rather see the Bison win out and if they are going to lose, not lose to usd. I dont ever cheer for usd in anything for any reason.
                            I'm not cheering for 'Yotes as much as I am for Bison to lose. I'd also love for the Leathernecks to beat them too.

Do I think either will happen? Not really, but currently my hate for the Bison outweighs my 'Yote despisal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                              Their head coach is responsible for their culture. They have been an undisciplined football team for a while now and he has allowed it.
                              I have a family member who played for USD so I follow their scores a little bit and will watch sometimes.

I thought the penalty issue was just talk between fans but their fans have mentioned it too. I watched the last few minutes of the Western-USD game and their two unsportsmanlike penalties in the last two minutes were inexcusable. For those that didn’t watch, USD scored to go ahead with under two minutes left and #94 for USD got an unsportsmanlike penalty on the extra point. Again, the extra point. Garbage. That got Western out to the 40 after the kickoff. Add on another unsportsmanlike penalty during the Western drive and there’s your go ahead score. They need a change down there. I don’t doubt that Nielson is a decent coach but they are going nowhere right now.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                This is quite the angle I never thought about. USD offered this guy a multi-year contract when it wasn’t legal in the state and he’s terrible and they all want him gone. Oof...that’s bad. I guess it could be worse.....wait no it can’t! They’re terrible!
                                On the multi-year contract point: Rather than say a multi-year contract "wasn't legal", I think a more accurate characterization was that multi-year contracts were not permitted (perhaps I'm making a distinction without a difference but I think saying the contract wasn't "legal" suggests USD was doing something illegal and that was not the case). USD went to the Regents and persuaded them to permit a multi-year contract. Personally, I thought having permission to enter into multi-year contracts was a good thing for SDSU too and since that policy change, SDSU has entered into multi-year contracts.

Now, because this is a smack thread, I'll add the following: credit USD's AD, Herbster, for leading on that issue -- it's the first time USD was out front on an issue in the D1 era.

USD had 14 penalties for a total of 160 yards! WIU had 11 penalties for 106 yards. Those refs had to be pretty tired after that game.

Comment

Working...
                                X