Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 USD Defense

Default Re: 2019 USD Defense

Beyond the issue of any buyout would be having the money to hire the next Head coach. Nebraska donors are deep so eating a few years of salary isn't a big deal. USD fresh into a dome reno and all likely can't find a way to back him out of this.

Buyout? Who wants to take the controls of this dumpster fire? It sucks to suck!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    The fact that USD leads the conference in penalties attests to the lack of control that Nielson has on his players. I lost all respect for him last year, after a USD defensive player hurt a Jack with a cheap hit. The USD bench (possibly including an assistant coach) celebrated the illegal hit as if their guy had won a boxing match. It didn't seem to matter that they were losing the game and there was an injured player on the ground.
    Does anyone have video of this. Every recruit who posts on Twitter they've received an offer from USD needs to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    Does anyone have video of this. Every recruit who posts on Twitter they've received an offer from USD needs to see this.
    I have a .gif of it, but are we really going to go around and reply to the tweets of HS kids with this? Seems dumb and counterproductive.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    I have a .gif of it, but are we really going to go around and reply to the tweets of HS kids with this? Seems dumb and counterproductive.
    No - hopefully our coaches show them the video instead in more private channels. Not that we really need to do much to out recruit them right now. That's pretty much taking care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    No - hopefully our coaches show them the video instead in more private channels. Not that we really need to do much to out recruit them right now. That's pretty much taking care of itself.
    I clipped the play and the reaction and put them on this page of the game thread: http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...-Coyotes/page6
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

USD's sideline celebration is especially disgusting because, by that time, it was clear that a Jackrabbit had been injured, and the Coyote player had been ejected. If Nielson ever apologized for his team's behavior, I missed it. I do recall that some USD fans were disappointed by the Coyotes' behavior on that play. I credit those fans.
    This space for lease.

USD's sideline celebration is especially disgusting because, by that time, it was clear that a Jackrabbit had been injured, and the Coyote player had been ejected. If Nielson ever apologized for his team's behavior, I missed it. I do recall that some USD fans were disappointed by the Coyotes' behavior on that play. I credit those fans.
    Btw, credit to the kid that actually got the penalty. He didn't celebrate after the hit and you could tell he was shaking his head and embarrassed that #9 was raising his arm.

This is why I'm afraid to play them this year. That was a game on the road.

What will they do, in their place...when their season is over, and we have things to play for.

Very worried about cheap shots and late hits to injure players.

And yes, they could actually rise up and win that game too. They aren't talentless down there.

I have the game recorded on DVR. After watching several of their games last year and culminating with the final game in Brookings what bothered me most was the reaction of their coach during the review and announcing the targeting call. I would have been livid at my players acting like that if I was coach and all he did was smirk while the referee discussed it with him and ejected the player. I said right there that they havent changed the culture there despite all their claims to wanting to do it.

I understand targeting penalties happen and they aren't intentional. Players are just being aggressive and the speed of the game sometimes takes over, but when players celebrate it and the coach doesn't condemn them for it, is unacceptable. Especially when it happens numerous times over the year.