Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MVFC Week 1

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Sure you don't want it permanently (Raiders), but for a team with a big Twins Cities alumni base, it's a great one time deal and it's good advertisement.
    I would only see it worth it if the paycheck was biggest enough. Did the bison walk away with a good deal of cash?
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
      I would only see it worth it if the paycheck was biggest enough. Did the bison walk away with a good deal of cash?
      Twins reportedly paid the $185k to get Butler to play at Target Field and Bison pocketed $600k (dependent on ticket sales). Izzo confirmed these amounts in subsequent tweet.

Comment

Lol...so you would protest an SDSU game at target Field in MSP?
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
          Not my first choice.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Not my first choice.
            I'm all for moving the Marker Game to a neutral site rather than playing in Fargo (provided it remains in Brookings in alternating years).

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              I'm all for moving the Marker Game to a neutral site rather than playing in Fargo (provided it remains in Brookings in alternating years).
              Fair enough. Bison fans dont mind neutral site games.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I don't think NDSU's predictable romp over Butler indicates anything.
                Much more impressive was UNI's near upset of Iowa State. Indiana State gave Kansas a noteworthy scare, too.
                USD appears to be headed to another mediocre season.
                Not sure what to make of Youngstown's beatdown of Samford.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Arkanas-Pine Bluffs played TCU for money no doubt. Score was 39--7. Based on comparative scores from last year, with tongue in cheek, are we at least 50 points better than TCU?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...0831_ARPB@TCU/

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                    Yes. Yes I would. I would only consider it if they offered a lot of money. Problem is, I think I would still not go to the game even if the pay-out was dependent on attendance.
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Fair enough. Bison fans dont mind neutral site games.
                      I wasn't really thinking of how to accommodate them. I just know I'd much prefer being in Twin Cities to being in Fargo.

While my suggestion regarding Bison was in jest, it would be interesting to see if Twins' President Dave St. Peter's status as UND alum could encourage at least a couple games against them at Target Field.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        I don't think NDSU's predictable romp over Butler indicates anything.
                        Much more impressive was UNI's near upset of Iowa State. Indiana State gave Kansas a noteworthy scare, too.
                        USD appears to be headed to another mediocre season.
                        Not sure what to make of Youngstown's beatdown of Samford.
                        Thoughts and prayers for the Yote defense as they head to Norman to take on the Sooners next weekend.

Comment

Good for the Bison on getting a cream puff game in a venue like that. Their fans showed up and it was an awesome event for them! No, that’s far from an ideal setup for a permanent basis, but that’s not what it was about. It had the feel of what the NHL does with those hockey events held in NFL stadiums. That would be an awful place to watch hockey, but it’s more about marketing your team and the brand of FCS football. To that extent they hit a home run. (Pun intended.)

Comment

“The Herd” at work.

https://twitter.com/bertfarlender/st...047040000?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              I was going to share some observations of week 1 in the MVFC, but I'm at a loss of words after seeing that....

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                FIFY

Comment

Working...
                                X