Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks host LIU Sharks

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Dang. I'm hearing that the Jacks might be without Gibbs for a few weeks because of a broken finger on his throwing hand.
    Shut up.

Comment

If true, at least they are playing the weak spot of their schedule now with LIU, Drake, Southern Utah, and Southern Illinois. Next big one is at Youngstown State in mid October. But still have to beat the inferior opponents.

Would really suck for Gibbs’ development however.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        If true, at least they are playing the weak spot of their schedule now with LIU, Drake, Southern Utah, and Southern Illinois. Next big one is at Youngstown State in mid October. But still have to beat the inferior opponents.

Would really suck for Gibbs’ development however.
        Also have the bye week before the Southern Illinois game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Dang. I'm hearing that the Jacks might be without Gibbs for a few weeks because of a broken finger on his throwing hand.
          To bad that Arizona State transfer decided to hang it up.

Comment

If it is true about Gibbs then this is the perfect opportunity to get Connors and Nelson valuable minutes. Sucky part is that is what this was to be for Gibbs. Have the Game notes been released? I can't seem to find them, they are generally put out on tuesdays.

Not as concerned about Walding quitting either, I'd rather get experience for the guys who have been in the system. The running game will do well regardless of QB I think. It seems to be designed more for different runners to get the ball vs the qb running. I only remember 1 designed QB run. Gibbs longer run came on a pass play when he broke the pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              To bad that Arizona State transfer decided to hang it up.
              The ASU transfer left when he realized he couldn't compete with existing quarterbacks on the roster.

Comment

If true, that's a major bummer. I don't think it'll impact the outcome of the next there games, but that was going to be huge for his development. It must have happened during practice this week, because I didn't see any indication of it during the game. I also wonder if a week or two off and some kind of stint would be enough. Obviously, he wouldn't be able to throw well, but he really needs the game reps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                  If true, that's a major bummer. I don't think it'll impact the outcome of the next there games, but that was going to be huge for his development. It must have happened during practice this week, because I didn't see any indication of it during the game. I also wonder if a week or two off and some kind of stint would be enough. Obviously, he wouldn't be able to throw well, but he really needs the game reps.
                  If it happens in practice........somebody better be running laps.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                    Sometimes **** happens. Sumner's broken hand in 2012 happened on a straight handoff in practice. Just a weird angle.

If Gibbs can find a way to make it onto the field for the SUU game on 9/21 (assuming he is actually out), this probably isn't a huge deal. The backups will gets reps against LIU and Drake and build depth, and Gibbs will still get another game or two against easier competition to build confidence. If his first game back is at Youngstown, that blows. But, he had a lot of composure in Minneapolis, so we have reason to think he can pick up in October if need be and get into his stride.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                      So if he hit his hand on the helmet of a d-lineman while throwing who's running?

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        Hey could we get maybe a stickied thread for all the Jackrabbit Illustrated stuff? I like it in the pregame threads too but I think it would be nice to be able to have them all in one place too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        They've got, you know, a web site and stuff. Why not just go over there and give them the clicks? Maybe they might want to have ad revenue some day.

And I see a comment form on their site. Not that I want people to abandon good ship SDSUFANS for JI, but they might want to see a bit more comment activity over there, too. (Feel free to cut and paste between here and there, if appropriate. I'll suspend the "drag discussions to/from boards" rule for this one. Well, ease up on the rule, anyway.)
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          They've got, you know, a web site and stuff. Why not just go over there and give them the clicks? Maybe they might want to have ad revenue some day.

And I see a comment form on their site. Not that I want people to abandon good ship SDSUFANS for JI, but they might want to see a bit more comment activity over there, too. (Feel free to cut and paste between here and there, if appropriate. I'll suspend the "drag discussions to/from boards" rule for this one. Well, ease up on the rule, anyway.)
                          I think he was referring to a sticky thread that would include the links to the JI articles and podcasts, not for copying the content.

Comment

Im hearing it was his pinky on his throwing hand. What I heard from someone inside the program is that they are currently trying different splints, no decision has been made as of now. He currently has a smaller removable cast on. Sounds like a decision will be made depending on how practice goes today.

Comment

He broke it during the game on Thursday. It happened at some point during the drive he threw the touchdown pass to Heins and played the rest of the game with it. So I can’t believe that it is too serious and will cause him to miss too much time if they didn’t even pull him from the game at all. The player I talked to said he didn’t even know jbore broke it until after the game.

Comment

If that's the case, that certainly sounds better. Hope it isn't too serious and/or causes him to miss much playing time.
                                Last edited by Mr_Tibbs; 09-04-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X