Jacks host LIU Sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks host LIU Sharks

Certainly can't say that the program leaks information - kind of amazing that they could keep this under wraps for five days.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      I think he was referring to a sticky thread that would include the links to the JI articles and podcasts, not for copying the content.
      Well, huh. Sure, why not? Just a sec . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Certainly can't say that the program leaks information - kind of amazing that they could keep this under wraps for five days.
        When I first heard of it I couldn’t believe it so I came here first and no one was talking about it so I didn’t think it happened but then I talked to a player on the team Friday night and he confirmed it but it still wasn’t on here so I just figured it was no big deal and wouldn’t cost him anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I'm pretty ok with that.

How long did the Stig DUI thing stay out of the public eye?

Obviously, you want to have some transparency in a program but it doesn't need to be an immediate thing.

Comment

I think there aren't leaks because people want what is best for the program. Reporting this wouldn't benefit the program in any way.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              I think there aren't leaks because people want what is best for the program. Reporting this wouldn't benefit the program in any way.
              I disagree to a small degree. At some point, teams have to be transparent to build and maintain the support and trust of their fans. Don't leave an information gap for the spin-meisters of other teams to fill.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                I disagree to a small degree. At some point, teams have to be transparent to build and maintain the support and trust of their fans. Don't leave an information gap for the spin-meisters of other teams to fill.
                Can the team really release injury info? I think it's a HIPPA thing I think. If Gibbs is out this weekend it'll come out in the two-deep the team releases correct?

Comment

FWIW, the 2-deep just came out and Gibbs is listed at the QB1.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                    FWIW, the 2-deep just came out and Gibbs is listed at the QB1.
                    Possibly they found a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      Can the team really release injury info? I think it's a HIPPA thing I think. If Gibbs is out this weekend it'll come out in the two-deep the team releases correct?
                      It didn't surprise me that the team didn't release anything, but with 100 plus players, student managers, equipment people etc... it did surprise me that it took 5 days for the word to get out, especially when it's your starting QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        Why? I trust that they're going to do what's best for the players and team. The team would be better off if they released nothing and the other team didn't know what to plan for.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Why? I trust that they're going to do what's best for the players and team. The team would be better off if they released nothing and the other team didn't know what to plan for.
                          College doesn't have reporting rules for injuries. Not sure how nfl handles it but I know colleges usually keep stuff close to the chest on injuries.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            They've got, you know, a web site and stuff. Why not just go over there and give them the clicks? Maybe they might want to have ad revenue some day.

And I see a comment form on their site. Not that I want people to abandon good ship SDSUFANS for JI, but they might want to see a bit more comment activity over there, too. (Feel free to cut and paste between here and there, if appropriate. I'll suspend the "drag discussions to/from boards" rule for this one. Well, ease up on the rule, anyway.)
                            I just meant links to that web site when a new article or podcast comes out. That, you know, goes to that website and stuff....
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

What to expect come Saturday....

SDSU has played two games against NEC foes, both times it was Duquesne. In the 2017 opener it was a 51-13 win, last fall it was in the second round of the playoffs and the final was 51-6. I see this game being in the similar stratosphere of point spread, but I'm guessing we have a few more miscues and we win by closer to 30 points.

I suspect we pound the ball on them with our massive advantage in the trenches. If we have less than 200 yards rushing, it would be disappointing. (I'm sure the Gophers thought they had a massive advantage on the line last Thursday.) LIU's starting defensive linemen are 235/285/255/210 lbs. They are all juniors and seniors, so that will temper my optimism ever so slightly. For that matter, 10 of the 11 starters on defense are upperclassmen with one sophomore starting at an OLB.

Besides rushing for over 200 yards, I predict we have at least one big play on special teams. We should have had a kick off return for a TD last week. If it's not a big return, don't be surprised with a block in the kicking game. They have redshirt freshmen starting at P/PK/LS. I suspect they will also have some tired linemen and/or freshmen in the trenches for special teams. Their 2nd team OL features 4 freshmen and 1 sophomore.
                              Last edited by GopherHole; 09-05-2019, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                                I just meant links to that web site when a new article or podcast comes out. That, you know, goes to that website and stuff....
                                You know, I mean, like, okay then.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X