GDT: @ UofM Golden Gophers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ UofM Golden Gophers

Wow what a game. I can definitely say we let that one slip. Very pleased with our Olines and d lines they definitely showed they can hang. Gibbs looked good guys one bad snap and a bad hand off is the only thing I can complain about. It’s going to be a good year guys.
    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Next 4 games at home against lesser competition will be good for Gibbs to get more game reps. He will be really good but this one still stings.

Comment

Seems like TC struggled a bit also with turnovers in the dallas game. gibbs will learn. But on tv I missed most of the first qrt getting kids to bed before I could get to my parents. But what I saw was gibbs in the second let the game slow down and he wasnt phased. A lot to look forward too.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

These games get old. Frustrating. Gibbs played well, I think this team is dangerous. I think we did so well against UofM is because they play like NDSU, run run, run throw maybe. Our backs are outstanding. Line play is outstanding. If I was a UofM fan I would be disgusted to win like that. SDSU was clearly the superior team....gophers look to be the gophers again....
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
            The depth on DL is going to be a difference maker. 1st year I can remember so many guys playing on front four.
            DL, RB, and WR. In prior FBS games, Jacks demonstrated they could hang with FBS teams but lack of multi-positional depth caused them to falter late. This time, the Jacks closed that distance.

Can't wait for them to jump (er thump) the Sharks.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              If Tc redshirted he would have been a senior this year. Just saying. Might have made the difference.
              Interesting hypothetical, I suppose. Who knows if having Christion another year impacts Jacks' pursuit of and/or successful signing of Gibbs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                I think we did so well against UofM is because they play like NDSU, run run, run throw maybe.
                Please don't compare NDSU to Minnesota, it's embarrassing.

Comment

Maybe this game would have been different if Gibbs had some PT last year. I agree TC likely makes a difference but we can't keep regretting decisions made last yr or 4 yrs ago

Comment

I was there last night, and man that really sucked. We were clearly the better team, and everyone in that stadium knew it. I'm not into moral victories, but you have to love how we looked in most phases of the game. I was proud of J'Bore and how the team fought back after things started to go south. Really good performance on D and the O line too. The future with Gibbs is bright. Man, this one hurts though...
                    Last edited by Mr_Tibbs; 08-30-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I just hope we didnt let all the cats out of the bag with the playbook. Didnt look like we held anything back. I like that it was aggressive.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        Next 4 games at home against lesser competition will be good for Gibbs to get more game reps. He will be really good but this one still stings.
                        This nails it. Growing pains cost us. I’m looking forward to seeing him develop as the year goes on. What I did like was how he bounced right back, especially on the drive after the pick six.

Also, man the defense was fun to watch, just had a couple drives where we still struggled to get off the field on 3rd down. Our young corners weren’t very sound tackling early, but cleaned it up a little as the game went on. I think the team comes out angry next week.
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                          I was there last night, and man that really sucked. We were clearly the better team, and everyone in that stadium new it. I'm not into moral victories, but you have to love how we looked in most phases of the game. I was proud of J'Bore and how the team fought back after things started to go south. Really good performance on D and the O line too. The future with Gibbs is bright. Man, this one hurts though...
                          All of this. Gopher fans were happy they got the W, but at the same time not happy because they know they should have lost.

I absolutely love how the team, especially Gibbs, bounced back after the pick 6 mistake. The game could have easily gone South really quick.

Comment

The play of the offensive and defensive lines was impressive. It sure is refreshing to get pressure on a qb with only 4 guys. This looked like the deepest d-line i can remember. Not to mention Krock pot is stilling getting into game shape and will only get better as the season progresses. Only gripe I had besides the obvious turnovers was the tackling of our secondary. After the game I am very optimistic for the rest of the season. Go Jacks!

Comment

I really liked seeing the 3-headed monster RB attack in action last night. Having Wilson in the group is a big deal - what a change of pace.

How many snaps did Krolokowski play? I saw Zimmer mention that he entered the game early on but rarely noticed him in the closeups of the big defensive plays. I need a bigger TV.

Comment

While Gibbs didn't have a magnificent state line last 13/26, 1 int.), I think his passing got into a groove the longer the game went, which is a good sign. And I can't speak enough about his (and the team's) ability to bounce back and reapond. Even after the fumble and subsequent score that killed us, they still went down the field 40 yards before stalling out. I think we're going to be just fine this year. There will be growing pains, but this team is capable of a deep playoff run. The way the D settled in (especially after the 1st quarter), and the way we ran the ball, I think we're going to win a lot of games this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X