X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019/2020 Schedule

Originally posted by AmberValley View Post
    Weight Summary SDS BIUN
    149 Henry Pohlmeyer (South Dakota State) over Matt Swanson (Binghamton) (MD 8-0) 4 0
    157 Chris Barker (Binghamton) over Laken Cook (South Dakota State) (Inj. 5:54) 0 6
    165 Kenny O`Neil (South Dakota State) over Dylan Wood (Binghamton) (Dec 7-3) 3 0
    174 Alexander Melikian (Binghamton) over Cade King (South Dakota State) (Dec 10-3) 0 3
    184 Lou Deprez (Binghamton) over Zach Carlson (South Dakota State) (MD 12-3) 0 4
    197 Tanner Sloan (South Dakota State) over Nunzio Crowley (Binghamton) (Fall 4:45) 6 0
    285 Joe Doyle (Binghamton) over Blake Wolters (South Dakota State) (Fall 1:15) 0 6
    125 Audey Ashkar (Binghamton) over Kahlen Morris (South Dakota State) (Dec 8-2) 0 3
    133 Zack Trampe (Binghamton) over Zach Price (South Dakota State) (Dec 12-9) 0 3
    141 Clay Carlson (South Dakota State) over Anthony Sparacio (Binghamton) (TB-1 7-5) 3 0
    Team Score: 16 25
    On the bright side, three out of the four wins were by red-shirt freshman in their first dual matches. Also nice to see Pohlmeyer get bonus points.

Comment

Is DeVos redshirting ?

Comment

At the moment he is, but I have to think that he's one that they'd think about starting.

Comment

Originally posted by fan4wrestling View Post
          That does not make a lot of sense. Why would they wrestle a quality true freshman if they think Mueller will be at 174 at the end of the year? King loses a year to compete then. I don't think a few duals is that important, the team is still in rebuild mode. It really only makes sense to pull the red-shirt if the wrestlers is your best option for the whole season and the wrestlers wants to compete this year. A lot of teams won't even pull the red-shirt unless they believe the wrestler will be an all-american.
          This was my point as well.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by fan4wrestling View Post
            That does not make a lot of sense. Why would they wrestle a quality true freshman if they think Mueller will be at 174 at the end of the year? King loses a year to compete then. I don't think a few duals is that important, the team is still in rebuild mode. It really only makes sense to pull the red-shirt if the wrestlers is your best option for the whole season and the wrestlers wants to compete this year. A lot of teams won't even pull the red-shirt unless they believe the wrestler will be an all-american.
            My post was about Mueller is probably having trouble getting down so Hahn isn't going to wait around and is going to wrestle the best guy and if Mueller makes it, he makes it
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

2019/2020 Schedule

Daktronics Open results:

Sloan won 197lb Dak Open

Zach Price was 2nd at 133
              Clay Carlson was 2nd at 141
              Henry Pohlmeyer was 2nd at 149
              Kenny O'Neil was 2nd at 165

Danny Vega was 3rd at 125
              Daniel Kimball was 3rd at 133
              Cade DeVos was 3rd at 157
              Garrett Jordan was 3rd at 165
              Cade King was 3rd at 174

https://gojacks.com/news/2019/11/17/...pen-title.aspx
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
              X