Sanford Health/Summit League relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanford Health/Summit League relationship

The link below is to a very interesting article on the relationship of Sanford Health and the Summit League. Sanford Health provides significant scholarship support for all Summit League schools, essentials rent free office space in addition to the being a major sponsor of the tournament and the individual schools in the Dakotas.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...te/1946223001/

The article is written by Jonathon Ellis, the Argus Leader's investigative reporter. He always does a great job.

Re: Sanford Health/Summit League relationship

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    The link below is to a very interesting article on the relationship of Sanford Health and the Summit League. Sanford Health provides significant scholarship support for all Summit League schools, essentials rent free office space in addition to the being a major sponsor of the tournament and the individual schools in the Dakotas.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...te/1946223001/

The article is written by Jonathon Ellis, the Argus Leader's investigative reporter. He always does a great job.
    Yes a great article. More here that is news to me than is not news. If you add all the contributions so far, you would come close to a 100 million and more to come. With Kelby around, the Augie D1 move will be okay me thinks.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 08-09-2019, 05:12 AM.

Comment

NDSU’s president seems to have a thing for Herseth-Sandlin.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        NDSU’s president seems to have a thing for Herseth-Sandlin.
        Lol, this. People might cringe at the SL being in bed with Sanford, but the most cringe worthy part of this whole article was how Bresciani just absolutely fawned over Herseth-Sandlin. Why would NDSU fans get a kick out of the president of Augastana flipping the coin for an NDSU football game? "NDSU declined to answer questions about the emails"... because Bresciani came off like a complete creeper. "Bresciani emailed Herseth Sandlin directly, inviting her and Max to stay at his university residence"... umm, ok... in other news... Argus just discovered footage of Bresciani sneaking into Herseth-Sandlin's office and hiding behind a plant admiring her for hours:

Comment

I think it's definitely to the benefit of the League to have a large corporate sponsor that can help in so many ways.

However, it's also a bit concerning. I'm not sure if a Conference should be this tied in to a corporate sponsor. It's not necessarily a bad thing, and the positives have so far definitely outweighed any negatives.

But there is certainly potential for something to go awry. I don't think with the people currently in charge, there's much fear of that. But things change, people leave, etc... There is some potential for this to cause some issues.

Comment

Taking advantage of North Dakota's more open state laws to get a glimpse of the financial coziness between Sanford Health and Summit League schools was a great idea. State government in South Dakota has long preferred to operate secretly.
            This space for lease.

Comment

How is naming football fields or getting big corporate money from television considered? It is driving the product at all levels.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                How is naming football fields or getting big corporate money from television considered? It is driving the product at all levels.
                yes I believe it is. Had not Dana Dykhouse made his donation, would our current facility bear his name? Why not name it ZZ Stadium?

Comment

You have to be careful when money is tied to thing like football programs or other interests. Just look at home much boosters threaten to pull there money if a school doesn't fire a coach or hire who they want. Money and outside influence are a double edged sword for sure.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    I don't think with the people currently in charge, there's much fear of that.
                    I think there is a lot a naivety in this sentence (not saying your naïve da_coach just the statement). There are a ton of examples of people that on the outside appear as extremely trustworthy individuals but are anything but.

There was just a guy down by Corsica that got busted in what amounted to a Ponzi scheme with cattle. A family member of mine knew someone who lost a lot of money in that deal. That person said you never would have suspected that guy of doing something like that.

Greed does weird things to a lot of people. When there is money involved and stuff is happening behind closed doors I'd be very suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      I think there is a lot a naivety in this sentence (not saying your naïve da_coach just the statement). There are a ton of examples of people that on the outside appear as extremely trustworthy individuals but are anything but.

There was just a guy down by Corsica that got busted in what amounted to a Ponzi scheme with cattle. A family member of mine knew someone who lost a lot of money in that deal. That person said you never would have suspected that guy of doing something like that.

Greed does weird things to a lot of people. When there is money involved and stuff is happening behind closed doors I'd be very suspicious.
                      As Ragnar says about power is always dangerous. It attracts the worst and corrupts the best.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Interesting to see the perspective of other schools' fans on this relationship. I too feel uneasy about the ways of this non-profit healthcare entity.

https://letsgodu.com/2019/08/13/cozy-summit-league-relationships-cast-dark-shadow-over-augustana/#more-69691

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                          Interesting to see the perspective of other schools' fans on this relationship. I too feel uneasy about the ways of this non-profit healthcare entity.

https://letsgodu.com/2019/08/13/cozy-summit-league-relationships-cast-dark-shadow-over-augustana/#more-69691
                          Yes this is very interesting. One DU fan said if the DU basketball team continues to play like dog**** in a low conference, they have not where else to go. Why does the source of money make people uncomfortable? Its like the classic line in one of Humphrey Bogart's movie Casablanca which is not an exact quote, " I am surprise there is gambling going on here. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...29&FORM=VDQVAP

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

I get some of the points being discussed, but the article and the comments just sound real salty towards the Dakotas. One comment made it sound like Denver shouldn't even be associated with The Summit or the Dakotas; we're apparently beneath them. My answer to that is simple: beat the Dakota schools then start talking. I'm sorry that the young D1 schools from the Dakotas are more successful than you (not really), but you can't talk crap about us if you can't show success of your own. (Hockey isn't Summit League, so that can't really count.)
                            Rollin' in my 5.0
                            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                              I get some of the points being discussed, but the article and the comments just sound real salty towards the Dakotas. One comment made it sound like Denver shouldn't even be associated with The Summit or the Dakotas; we're apparently beneath them. My answer to that is simple: beat the Dakota schools then start talking. I'm sorry that the young D1 schools from the Dakotas are more successful than you (not really), but you can't talk crap about us if you can't show success of your own. (Hockey isn't Summit League, so that can't really count.)
                              Surprise! Surprise to the outside world, some one in the Dakotas has money.

Comment

Working...
                              X