Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanford Health/Summit League relationship

Default Sanford Health/Summit League relationship

The link below is to a very interesting article on the relationship of Sanford Health and the Summit League. Sanford Health provides significant scholarship support for all Summit League schools, essentials rent free office space in addition to the being a major sponsor of the tournament and the individual schools in the Dakotas.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...te/1946223001/

The article is written by Jonathon Ellis, the Argus Leader's investigative reporter. He always does a great job.

Default Re: Sanford Health/Summit League relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    The link below is to a very interesting article on the relationship of Sanford Health and the Summit League. Sanford Health provides significant scholarship support for all Summit League schools, essentials rent free office space in addition to the being a major sponsor of the tournament and the individual schools in the Dakotas.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...te/1946223001/

The article is written by Jonathon Ellis, the Argus Leader's investigative reporter. He always does a great job.
    Yes a great article. More here that is news to me than is not news. If you add all the contributions so far, you would come close to a 100 million and more to come. With Kelby around, the Augie D1 move will be okay me thinks.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 08-09-2019 at 06:12 AM.

NDSU’s president seems to have a thing for Herseth-Sandlin.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    NDSUís president seems to have a thing for Herseth-Sandlin.
    Lol, this. People might cringe at the SL being in bed with Sanford, but the most cringe worthy part of this whole article was how Bresciani just absolutely fawned over Herseth-Sandlin. Why would NDSU fans get a kick out of the president of Augastana flipping the coin for an NDSU football game? "NDSU declined to answer questions about the emails"... because Bresciani came off like a complete creeper. "Bresciani emailed Herseth Sandlin directly, inviting her and Max to stay at his university residence"... umm, ok... in other news... Argus just discovered footage of Bresciani sneaking into Herseth-Sandlin's office and hiding behind a plant admiring her for hours:

I think it's definitely to the benefit of the League to have a large corporate sponsor that can help in so many ways.

However, it's also a bit concerning. I'm not sure if a Conference should be this tied in to a corporate sponsor. It's not necessarily a bad thing, and the positives have so far definitely outweighed any negatives.

But there is certainly potential for something to go awry. I don't think with the people currently in charge, there's much fear of that. But things change, people leave, etc... There is some potential for this to cause some issues.

Taking advantage of North Dakota's more open state laws to get a glimpse of the financial coziness between Sanford Health and Summit League schools was a great idea. State government in South Dakota has long preferred to operate secretly.
    Peace. Love. Coffee. Jackrabbits.

How is naming football fields or getting big corporate money from television considered? It is driving the product at all levels.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Quote Originally Posted by OldHare View Post
    How is naming football fields or getting big corporate money from television considered? It is driving the product at all levels.
    yes I believe it is. Had not Dana Dykhouse made his donation, would our current facility bear his name? Why not name it ZZ Stadium?

You have to be careful when money is tied to thing like football programs or other interests. Just look at home much boosters threaten to pull there money if a school doesn't fire a coach or hire who they want. Money and outside influence are a double edged sword for sure.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.Ē Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by da_coach View Post
    I don't think with the people currently in charge, there's much fear of that.
    I think there is a lot a naivety in this sentence (not saying your naÔve da_coach just the statement). There are a ton of examples of people that on the outside appear as extremely trustworthy individuals but are anything but.

There was just a guy down by Corsica that got busted in what amounted to a Ponzi scheme with cattle. A family member of mine knew someone who lost a lot of money in that deal. That person said you never would have suspected that guy of doing something like that.

Greed does weird things to a lot of people. When there is money involved and stuff is happening behind closed doors I'd be very suspicious.