Pierre Strong Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierre Strong Jr.

Could PSJ be the greatest running back this program has ever seen?

Re: Pierre Strong Jr.

Originally posted by RazorRabbit View Post
    Possibly. When we played Arkansas-Pine Bluffs last year, some one on the board ask if APB had tried to recruit PSJ. Apparently not! PSJ would have been a real challenge for D, but dominance of LOS may have neutralize PSJ. Good blocking is essential for PSJ to get started. Definitely one of the best if not the best. I know that should wake all the ZZ fans. And old Josh Ranek fans.

Comment

Originally posted by RazorRabbit View Post
      Could he be? As in, does he have the potential to be? Yes, without a doubt. However, he has to sustain it for 4 years, which is easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Could he be? As in, does he have the potential to be? Yes, without a doubt. However, he has to sustain it for 4 years, which is easier said than done.
        Yah, with Zenner and Ranek, it's best to wait a couple more years before we enter Pierre into the "Best RB in SDSU history" debate. However, Strong definitely has the talent to put himself in that discussion. The question really will come down to durability.

I still look back and have trouble believing Zenner was able to carry the ball 30+ times a game against defenses completely selling out on the run and still manage never to miss a game and put up the kind of numbers he did. Only RB in college football history with 3 straight 2,000 yard seasons... and it still annoys me to no end that he never finished even in the top 3 in the Payton Award voting.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

I think PSJ is extremely talented and has the potential to be every bit as good as ZZ. But I don't think his stats will ever show that due to the nature of our RB by committee approach on offense now. ZZ carried the ball 30 times a game to get those numbers and I don't think we'll see that again anytime soon. CJ, Mulholland, Mikey, etc. allow us to utilize a lot of different backs so that none are getting more than 15 carries a game. And tbh, that's a better/more sustainable approach to the run game than one back with 90%+ of the carries. Our backfield has so much more depth and talent top to bottom now than it did from 11-14, I don't think we'll see ZZ type numbers again in a single season by a single back. With that being said, I expect to see team rushing numbers approaching those 11-14 numbers this season and again into the future

Comment

I believe we set the team rushing record last season with over 2600 yards...I expect it to be similar this year and those yards spread out as well. We have a deep RB room and fresh legs late in the season will help. Guys like ZZ and Ranek will always have incredible numbers, the new guys will have good numbers but not like that. Where we will see the greatest stat is their YPC, I think CJ was over 6 yards and Pierre was like 10...even short yardage Mikey had a good YPC. Depth is our friend now guys and this room is swimming in the deep end.

Comment

Working...
            X