Missouri State's FB Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri State's FB Future

Found this discussion on AGS. Apparently the Springfield media is investigating the future merits of keeping football at Missouri State. Their football program lost nearly $2.7 million last year. Sounds like it is a revenue problem as their football budget was $3.5 million. Their biggest advocate for keeping the program viable is the school president.

It doesn't help their cause to be picked to finish at the bottom of the MVFC this year. I may have to cheer for them to win some games this year. Just not on November 2nd.

Re: Missouri State's FB Future

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    Found this discussion on AGS. Apparently the Springfield media is investigating the future merits of keeping football at Missouri State. Their football program lost nearly $2.7 million last year. Sounds like it is a revenue problem as their football budget was $3.5 million. Their biggest advocate for keeping the program viable is the school president.

It doesn't help their cause to be picked to finish at the bottom of the MVFC this year. I may have to cheer for them to win some games this year. Just not on November 2nd.
    Wow! They have actually put together some nice recruiting classes the past few years so this would be too bad if the program folded. MSU, unlike most MVFC programs, doesn't divide scholarships. Everyone gets a full or is a walk-on. This hurts their overall depth when injuries strike but it is the model that Steckel wants to follow. Didn't they just renovate Plaster Stadium a few years ago? It's an older stadium but unique from what I remember. It's been 10 years since I was there.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
    X