Adios PFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adios PFW

Horizon League comes calling for the Mastodons. Announcement expected tomorrow.

Re: Adios PFW

Fort Wayne holding news conference tomorrow.
    https://gomastodons.com/news/2019/8/...-august-6.aspx

Comment

It is a good match geographically for those Mastodons. I do not see them making a big impact in the Horizon basketball in the near future. I do not know where they lead in the the other sports. The WBB has lost the entertainment value when Chris Paul was sent away. I am not positive, but they may have joined the conference when NDSU and SDSU joined. We could extend good luck if there was a fan forum for that action.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Bummer. The Summit is losing national stature in basketball. It's losing a baseball team, too. That will really hurt.
        This space for lease.

Comment

i'm losing the closest chance to see the Jacks play. 86 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Bummer. The Summit is losing national stature in basketball. It's losing a baseball team, too. That will really hurt.
            Honestly, losing another baseball team is what worries me the most. What's the required number of teams to have an auto-bid to the National Tournament? We may need to find an affiliate (doubt we could, though, for baseball.)
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
              Honestly, losing another baseball team is what worries me the most. What's the required number of teams to have an auto-bid to the National Tournament? We may need to find an affiliate (doubt we could, though, for baseball.)
              A year and a half ago at theSioux Falls Staters meeting during the SL tourney, Douple indicated Baseball wouldn't be a problem when I asked about this implying it wouldn't be hard to find an affiliate. Whether or not that is still the case, I don't know.

Comment

Expected for years. What I'd like to see is Douple being a bit more proactive in finding new members. Three years ago there was talk of Lindenwood making the jump but moving down to the GLVC after being pushed around in the MIAA, mysteriously canning the president, and men's basketball in disarray after a summer basketball coach resignation has shut down that talk. Pritzker funneling money into all things governmental might keep WIU going for a while though.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                  What I'd like to see is Douple being a bit more proactive in finding new members.
                  ORU Sports Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X