• Show
Clear All

Re: Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    Swing Passes though, right?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Yes... preferably the ones where the swing pass is the only option on the play, the QB completely telegraphs it, and the RB is basically running away from the LOS, that way the LB or CB can get a good jump on it and the RB won't have any momentum to be able to shake him... basically makes things as difficult as possible for the RB to turn it into a positive play.
      What better way to showcase the true talent of our RBs?
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Today is the offensive line. This group returns plenty of experience and big jumps from non-starters in the spring has made this competition interesting. Returning Matt Clark is a BIG deal as Boen hasn't shown he can stay healthy and Domandle is a good player, but probably just a spot starter. Having Wes Genant available late in the season could be a huge late season roster addition.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...sive-line.html
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          Today is the offensive line. This group returns plenty of experience and big jumps from non-starters in the spring has made this competition interesting. Returning Matt Clark is a BIG deal as Boen hasn't shown he can stay healthy and Domandle is a good player, but probably just a spot starter. Having Wes Genant available late in the season could be a huge late season roster addition.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...sive-line.html
          Does Schmidt really have any ability at this point or is just taking up space trying to finish college?

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            Does Schmidt really have any ability at this point or is just taking up space trying to finish college?

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              I believe with the recent years where we've let guys go and have kept roster size down it's unlikely they are just placating Grant. He must be showing something for them to hold onto him going on 3 years now and not having played a meaningful down in a Jacks uni. Plus I don't think Eck is the kind of coach to do that anyhow.

Comment

This made me chuckle. I probably could have worded it a bit different, but you get the gist of what I was asking.

Comment

Highlight of Jaxon Janke with a nice grab against 2 defenders. https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status...902486528?s=20

I'm interested to see if either of the Janke twins make an impact this year. I feel like the 3rd and 4th WR spots are pretty wide open. I expected Jacob Brown to have a big year last year, but Anderson stepped in and had a big year instead. Along with the Janke twins, Deyon Campbell can be a playmaker, along with Canyon Bauer, who I expect to redshirt and use the 4 game rule. Sorry WestSide, don't mean to steal your position preview thunder. Just getting a little excited for Jacks football. Bought tickets for the Jacks/Gophers game today and I've got the itch now.

Comment

Highlight of Jaxon Janke with a nice grab against 2 defenders. https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status...902486528?s=20

I'm interested to see if either of the Janke twins make an impact this year. I feel like the 3rd and 4th WR spots are pretty wide open. I expected Jacob Brown to have a big year last year, but Anderson stepped in and had a big year instead. Along with the Janke twins, Deyon Campbell can be a playmaker, along with Canyon Bauer, who I expect to redshirt and use the 4 game rule. Sorry WestSide, don't mean to steal your position preview thunder. Just getting a little excited for Jacks football. Bought tickets for the Jacks/Gophers game today and I've got the itch now.
                    I was thinking that the WR with Cade and Anderson that's solid start, campbell could be a break out star, and the Twins could really provide some depth. Sort of bummed Isiah Hill left, really was looking forward to seeing him, Campbell and Cade with their speed and the speed of CJ and PSJ in the backfield. that would have to be the fastest group of skill players we have ever had.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Today I'm looking at the QBs. Lets be honest, we all know it's J'Bore's job to lose but he hasn't been named the "starter" contrary to the Registers report. They are also splitting first team reps between the top 3 guys so another inaccuracy from their report. I don't think we use a QB rotation either.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...arterback.html

Comment

I thought I would just start a thread to dump the links for the position previews that I'm putting out.

Started with the TE group. In an offense that is going to feature the run game and has Cade Johnson and Adam Anderson, opportunities are going to be limited for the TE but I think this group may get utilized more than people think. It is certainly a deep group. Hart and Kunz will be fixtures but there are others who will see time. FWIW, Zach Heins keeps coming up in conversations with other Jackrabbit coaches. I'd put his TD over/under at 7.5. Schleusner had a lot of good to say about Cavanaugh so hopefully he is healthy and ready to play this year. I'm not sure how fast he'll pick-up the playbook but Tucker Kraft has Dallas Goedert type size and athleticism and he's physically ready to play. It wouldn't shock me if he played in his 4 games.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ight-ends.html
                        WOW they are all 6'5+
                        Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
                        www.gsufans.com

Comment

You captured some of my exact same thoughts. Arnheim knows he's spoiled with riches in his group. We'll see if the QB can consistently deliver the ball to them. I think Jaxon Janke blows up. Big and fast. We'll see if Brown can hold him off or not for the #3 spot. There's less hype about Deyon this year but I think he still has a role in this offense.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...-receiver.html

Comment

You captured some of my exact same thoughts. Arnheim knows he's spoiled with riches in his group. We'll see if the QB can consistently deliver the ball to them. I think Jaxon Janke blows up. Big and fast. We'll see if Brown can hold him off or not for the #3 spot. There's less hype about Deyon this year but I think he still has a role in this offense.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...-receiver.html
                            After reading about Brown's down field blocking ability, he will secure a lot of snaps this year considering how often we'll be running the ball. I wasn't aware that he had nagging injuries throughout last season. Hopefully he can stay healthy, because he definitely has potential. Overall, it's great to have so much depth and options to choose from, plus you have to feel good about the future.

Comment

After reading about Brown's down field blocking ability, he will secure a lot of snaps this year considering how often we'll be running the ball. I wasn't aware that he had nagging injuries throughout last season. Hopefully he can stay healthy, because he definitely has potential. Overall, it's great to have so much depth and options to choose from, plus you have to feel good about the future.
                              My only real concern with this group is who we're going to get all these guys PT without a slew of injuries.

Hoping everyone stays healthy and we can keep the WRs rested, but still in rhythm.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                                My only real concern with this group is who we're going to get all these guys PT without a slew of injuries.

Hoping everyone stays healthy and we can keep the WRs rested, but still in rhythm.
                                It's a good problem to have. This is how you build a long lasting, high performing, program. I don't think we've ever been as deep as we are at RB, WR, and TE. It's huge to have next to no drop off if you have an injury during the year or when you have guys graduate. You also don't have to rely on guys to play every single snap, which ends up in less injuries and more fresh legs.

Comment

Working...
                                X