Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackrabbit Illustrated position previews

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    I'm guessing we'll learn more about Dyshawn Gales when the CB preview comes out, but this is pretty cool: https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status...144928768?s=20
    Well done Dyshawn. Awesome seeing how excited the entire team gets for him, must be well liked/respected among his teammates

Comment

Cornerbacks today: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ornerback.html

Marshon is out and Zy is no longer on the team, coupled with the graduation of JB and this group is THIN on experience.

I think the top four (Davis, Gardner, Lofton, Gales) will get most of the reps against UMN but I think by the end of the year Evans will be starting. He's an absolute stud. Maybe he'll start from game one, but thats a pretty big task for a true freshman.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Excellent write up!

I'm nervous about the youth in the secondary. I think there's plenty of talent, but it could be a concern. With that said, I'd rather have youth in the secondary than youth in the front seven. If our front 7 take a step forward this year, especially in the pass rush, that'll aid an inexperienced backfield. If we have a non-existent pass rush again, our young DBs might have a long year.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Marshon is out and Zy is no longer on the team, coupled with the graduation of JB and this group is THIN on experience.

I think the top four (Davis, Gardner, Lofton, Gales) will get most of the reps against UMN but I think by the end of the year Evans will be starting. He's an absolute stud. Maybe he'll start from game one, but thats a pretty big task for a true freshman.
          Where did Zy go. I dont remember hearing that.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Where did Zy go. I dont remember hearing that.
            Handling some personal business. This isn't an eligibility issue. Sorry, I can't be more direct. It's really too bad as the kid worked his tail off to become eligible and has been a pretty big contributor the past 3 years. I don't get the sense the coaches anticipate him coming back as they gave #23 to Eubanks.

Comment

Seems like our secondary is going to need a ton of help from the front 7 delivering pressure. Hopefully the amount of pressure we put on a QB this year goes way up, but I'll believe it when I see it.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Seems like our secondary is going to need a ton of help from the front 7 delivering pressure. Hopefully the amount of pressure we put on a QB this year goes way up, but I'll believe it when I see it.
                Agreed. I felt a lot better about the group at the end of spring ball. With Marshon and Zy you at least had experience. I think Ti'Jaih, Diamond, and DyShawn are likely more talented but we have no idea until the games become real.

Comment

Agreed. I felt a lot better about the group at the end of spring ball. With Marshon and Zy you at least had experience. I think Ti'Jaih, Diamond, and DyShawn are likely more talented but we have no idea until the games become real.
                  normally I feel we reload at the safety position also but over the last 2 years lost a lot of experience. with Williams unable to come back that's a big blow I feel. Marshon and Zy had several big moments and Ints just sometimes struggled staying with their guy. What happened to Banks the transfer from NC state was it? wasn't he suppose to redshirt last year and expected to be a big contributor this year?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Reading through the positions, on O-line I don't see Austin Boen on the roster?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Reading through the positions, on O-line I don't see Austin Boen on the roster?
                      https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...93238998900737

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Special teams preview: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ial-teams.html

Comment

5 Freshmen to Watch: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...-to-watch.html

Comment

I spent about an hour watching the intra squad scrimmage yesterday afternoon. Some of the defensive starters where not playing such as Crockett K. and Eairth and a few others. Gibbs seemed to be throwing good, and they even ran a play with two back set, CW Wilson and Pierre Strong Jr. in the backfield, I was so surprised by the formation that I forgot how the play ended. I think its something very new and they are working on. Blair Mullholland had a great play with a 30 yard run td. Seven Wilson made some nice plays including an interception. I came away with hopes for a very good season. Oh yes Jefferson Lee seem to be very active at running back, and we may see a lot of him.

Comment

Offensive breakout candidates: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...andidates.html

Comment

Working...
                                X