2019 MVFC Preseason Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 MVFC Preseason Poll

Official preseason poll released today. Jacks picked second with 4 first place votes. Thoughts? Personally, I think YSU and USD should be swaped, but otherwise looks good to me.

1. North Dakota State (32)

2. South Dakota State (4)

3. Illinois State (3)

4. Indiana State (1)

5. Northern Iowa

6. South Dakota

7. Youngstown State

8. Western Illinois

9. Southern Illinois

10. Missouri State

Re: 2019 MVFC Preseason Poll

Seems like every year someone in that 7-10 range jumps up into the 3-5 range. Anyone have any thoughts on who could be primed to do it this year? Don't follow the conference well enough to offer any thoughts.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Seems like every year someone in that 7-10 range jumps up into the 3-5 range. Anyone have any thoughts on who could be primed to do it this year? Don't follow the conference well enough to offer any thoughts.
      I have a feeling both YSU and WIU are being underrated. And I'm not sure if ISUB is a top half team. They return a lot, but I'm not sure they can put a whole season together.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
        I have a feeling both YSU and WIU are being underrated. And I'm not sure if ISUB is a top half team. They return a lot, but I'm not sure they can put a whole season together.
        I wouldn't be surprised to see ISUb in the top half. Boyle is legit and a senior now.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised to see ISUb in the top half. Boyle is legit and a senior now.
          Boyle's legit and ISUb played a lot of teams tough last year. But they also only had one D1 win over a team with a winning record (6-5 ISUR). All of their other 5 D1 wins were to sub .500 teams. I could see them anywhere from 7th to 4th.

Comment

Hero Sports Preview.

Find it: Here

Comment

Anybody read USD's O-Line preview in the Argus? I knew they were missing a lot of depth, but wowza, it could be a rough one down there for them this year. They return a redshirt junior and a redshirt sophomore with starting experience. Their depth includes 1 senior, 1 converted tight end, and a whole bunch of Redshirt Freshmen and Sophomores. Their starting center (I think) left the team this spring too. Their O-line was atrocious last year, and I'm not sure how they're going to improve off of that this year with the youth on that unit.

Comment

Anybody read USD's O-Line preview in the Argus? I knew they were missing a lot of depth, but wowza, it could be a rough one down there for them this year. They return a redshirt junior and a redshirt sophomore with starting experience. Their depth includes 1 senior, 1 converted tight end, and a whole bunch of Redshirt Freshmen and Sophomores. Their starting center (I think) left the team this spring too. Their O-line was atrocious last year, and I'm not sure how they're going to improve off of that this year with the youth on that unit.
                They have great skill but the OL is going to kill them.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

It's probably their main concern. But if those guys can gel, that's a dangerous team down south. (and I don't like saying that.)

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    It's probably their main concern. But if those guys can gel, that's a dangerous team down south. (and I don't like saying that.)
                    I don't know about that. If they gel, they could be pretty decent on that side of the ball. But their D was also terrible last year. Both the O line and the entire D need to take a big step forward this year for that team to be a viable playoff contender, IMO. I will say this though: with the youth on their o-line this year, their next three years should be pretty solid with the amount of depth and experience they'll have on that group. I just doubt we'll see a huge improvement down there this year.

Comment

Nowhere else to put this, but I feel like I've seen this video before. Specifically in 2016 before the stadium opener against Drake...

https://mobile.twitter.com/NDSUathle...09293777932290

The Target Field game would be a lot more interesting if they were playing a scholarship team...

Comment

Nowhere else to put this, but I feel like I've seen this video before. Specifically in 2016 before the stadium opener against Drake...

https://mobile.twitter.com/NDSUathle...09293777932290

The Target Field game would be a lot more interesting if they were playing a scholarship team...

Comment

Working...
                        X