Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argus: To subscribe or not to subscribe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Argus: To subscribe or not to subscribe...

There's not much left to cut at the Argus Leader, but I suspect GateHouse will keep looking for savings. We're talking about two companies whose long-term vision for profitability only extends to the next quarter.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      There's not much left to cut at the Argus Leader, but I suspect GateHouse will keep looking for savings. We're talking about two companies whose long-term vision for profitability only extends to the next quarter.
      I could see the Argus killing off the Dell Rapids Tribune and the Brandon Valley Challenger in order to save on printing costs and the like. Sounds like the Tribune doesn't have much of a presence in Dell Rapids anymore and with Anderson Publications' Dell City Journal starting up, the Argus may just fold up the Tribune completely. And that would be a tragedy.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
        I could see the Argus killing off the Dell Rapids Tribune and the Brandon Valley Challenger in order to save on printing costs and the like. Sounds like the Tribune doesn't have much of a presence in Dell Rapids anymore and with Anderson Publications' Dell City Journal starting up, the Argus may just fold up the Tribune completely. And that would be a tragedy.
        Its a tragedy for any newspaper to fold. With readership going elsewhere for news, it is happening everywhere.

Comment

Working...
        X